Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

Friendly WARNING for all who use the NEW Sage SalesLogix Mobile Web app - FireFox is NOT "friendly" on Droid platforms

Like many - I use FF as my normal (not default) browser on the "desktop". Naturally, I downloaded it on my droid devices (DroidX and Samsung Galaxy 1.0 tab - The BEST one out there ;-)

Well... I was seeing a very UGLY thing happening on the tablet - transition from "page to page" was VERY slow and looked terrible. However, if you use the "native" droid browser it runs just fine.

At BootCamp (last week) I showed this to the Sage Dev team and was told that the FF is based on the Gecko layout engine and is "lacking" in some areas for HTML5 support. "Transition" appears to be one of the ugly areas in the Gecko code.

SO.. I strongly advise all to avoid FF on your Droid devices when using the Sage SalesLogix Mobile app.. and I expect that the ugliness that FF has will probably show thru on other HTML5 based apps as well.

I will be doing more investigation on HTML5 compatible browsers and writing a blog on it - drop in and take a look.

Also, we have started a group on LinkedIn for all who develop for the Sage SalesLogix Mobile Web App as well as all who are users. This is a Professional group and all who are headhunters and general marketing "spammers" need not apply for membership  ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Silver Contributor

Re: Friendly WARNING for all who use the NEW Sage SalesLogix Mobile Web app - FireFox is NOT "friendly" on Droid platforms

What version of FF, 8???

Safari working great on iPad and iPhone........

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Friendly WARNING for all who use the NEW Sage SalesLogix Mobile Web app - FireFox is NOT "friendly" on Droid platforms

This is just the mobile version of FF for droid.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html