Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Export to Excel file corruption

We have a customer running Saleslogix v8 LAN, with Office 2010 (32 bit). On one of their machines 'Export to Excel' always fails with the error message:

Error creating Excel work book object:

Excel cannot open the file 'grp-My Accounts.XLSX' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that hte file extension matches the format of the file.

Taking a look at the output directory I can see the Excel file has been created by Saleslogix however when attempting to open it we see the same error message above. Attempting to open the file on another machine results in the same error message.

I have tried a reinstallation of Salelsogix and a repair of Office however the error still persists, even when logged into the PC and Saleslogix as the administrator.

Any ideas?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Export to Excel file corruption

What size is the file ? XL 2010 32bit has a sheet size limit of 1,048,576 rows. But, this is subject to memory etc. so would depend also what's in the layout. You could open up the Export function and change it back to use XLS format instead of XLSx
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike,

The error is occuring on all groups regardless of the row count, I have tried groups with just one or two rows and still have the same issue.

By editing the format are you refering to changing the file extension in the SLX_Export_Group_To_Excel script?

Copper Contributor

It worked!!!

Thanks Mike you just made my Friday a little bit better! Have a good weekend Smiley Happy

Silver Super Contributor

Cool !!