Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Email template image broken during test email

I am working with the LAN version of SalesLogix 7.2.2.1871.

This is in a terminal server environment with multiple servers.  This particular user is setup as a local user, since roaming profiles have given me issues in the past with mail merges.

I am trying to create a new email template using the email management.  When I edit the template and add the image, it looks normal.  However, my test email gives me a broken image link with a red x. 

I have only noticed one difference between this and a mail merge.  It seems mail merges save the cache at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\SalesLogix\MailMerge\Temp\!QU12345\ and this is saving it at \\slxserver\synclogs\documents\!QU12345\.

Other than that, I can't figure out why my images are not appearing once I try to actually send emails out.  Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix this? 

Employee

Re: Email template image broken during test email

Are you creating a link to the image instead of embedding it? If so, it must be an HTTP reference to the image.

Thanks

Mike

The image is being inserted using the standard insert picture in Word 2007.  I don't believe it is a link, as Word would give me the option in the Prepare menu to save images to document.  

Highlighted
Employee

What is the image format? Also, what does the HTML page display when you save from Word using the "Web Page, Filtered" format? Since "Save As" is not available in the template editor, you would have to test this in a stand-alone document.

Thanks

Mike