Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

Day Zero bug - ACI "blanking" out when inserting new Ticket OR changing ACI on Ticket Detail - know why.. and have a fix - 7.0 -> 7.5.4

Had one customer state they would see the "ACI" values on the Insert Ticket and/or Ticket Detail "sometimes" blank/clear ALL three lookups. The problem was it happened randomly and I could not reproduce it. Now another customer happened to report the same thing.. but they did have a way to repeat it. 

Looking at the include file in question - SYSTEM:ACI Support - I was able to determine this is a Day Zero bug.. been there since "Scorpion" - v7.0 - was released - Sept 1, 2006 ;-) 

Basically, there’s a flaw in the business logic that checks the ACI values against the ACI table in the db. This happens on what we call an “OnExit” of the individual ACI control on BOTH the Insert New Ticket as well as the Ticket Detail. Rather than doing an exact (equal) compare, it is doing a “like” check.

EX:

If the Area has 2 (or more) entries that look something like:

1st  one:  Ski

2nd one:   Ski Today

Then if you pick “Ski” as the area value in the choices, when you click ok and it returns, you next go to another field (say subject).. it then does the “OnExit” validate        as:

….. WHERE AREA LIKE ‘Ski%’ ……

And gets more than one hit (because of the “Ski Today” .. actually SkiWhatEver will cause it too ;-)

.. and fails.. then wipes the ACI values clean!

The code that does this is shared between both forms. I’ve created a fix by doing exact (equals) testing and it’s working correctly – no wipes. It now looks like:

…. WHERE AREA = ‘Ski’ ….

Oh yes, the Area failure was also was hiding the same logic flaw for Category and Issue. Fixed these too.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

Re: Day Zero bug - ACI "blanking" out when inserting new Ticket OR changing ACI on Ticket Detail - know why.. and have a fix - 7.0 -> 7.5.4

There is also another one there as well that has been around since "Day Zero".  I fought the battle with development and received the dreaded "Functioning as Designed".  Try having 2 similar Issues (use the same analogy 'Ski' versus 'Ski Pole')  for the same Area and flip the switch for "Issue text must match a list item".  Let the OnValidate events fire after picking either of the values (which are valid list items) and watch what happens.

I will add this into the fixes we include when we upgrade anyone.  Thanks for the heads up!

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Day Zero bug - ACI "blanking" out when inserting new Ticket OR changing ACI on Ticket Detail - know why.. and have a fix - 7.0 -> 7.5.4

I actually fixed the validate for all three (Area/Category/Issue.. and added a check for AREA and CATEGORY must equal plus ISSUE equals.so now the "must match" really works right...

If FAD.. bad fad.. and that is how the customer(s) felt.

Emailing you a copy of the fixed function in ACI Support vbs.

--

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

This fix works for everything from 7.0 up thru 7.5.4 (and probably 8.0 when it comes out ;-)

--