Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Customizing html5 client with own module

I have downloaded argos-sdk and argos-saleslogix to play with the current version of the html5 client.

I also read the wiki which describes how to write your customizations in your own module.

Well, I tried with something very simple:

I wanted to enhance the contact list view with a few more colummns.

I know that this can be done directly in the argos-saleslogix/src/views/contact/lost.js file, but I wanted to make sure I have no upgrade pain.

So I created the folder structure outlined in the wiki.

I then copied the contact/list.js file into my own module and changed a few things:

I changed the namespace to mobile.mcc

I removed the columns and added my own ones (status and type).

I also edited the selectQuery stuff to make sure that my own fields are included in the select.

I then saw that in the wiki the applicationmodule.js has two functions.

LoadViews and loadCustomizations.

I suspect I must regi8ster my list.js file in the loadCustomizations area.

But how, same syntax as if I register a new view?

I then struggled with the index-dev.html file.

It was said I should make a copy and add my files, in this case the list.js file and the applicationmodule.js.

So I left everything else in it and just added those two as said, right before the application initializes.

I renamed the file to indes-dev-mcc.html and put it into the argos-salesLogix directory.

I referenced my files like this:

.../argos-mcc/src/views/contact/ls.js

Doing something else seems not to work as all other paths are assuming you are in the argos-saleslogix directory.

This is where the wiki seems to tell something else.

I can log in but when I open the contact view, it only shows the two standard columns and not the extended version.

To make sure, my list.js is correct, I copied it in the

argos-saleslogix/src/views/contact/ directory and changed the namespace to the Sage one.

AFter I loged in again I saw only my extension columsn, so in general the js file seems to be ok.

Please tell me how to enhance a standard view with my own fields.

I am running out of ideas.

Thanks! Alexander

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Customizing html5 client with own module

Didi you add your fields to SData?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi RJ,

As I wrote in my post, I tested my customizations in a way tht I copied my list.js file into argos-saleslogix thing and renamed the name space back.

This assumes that everything is fine and just when I have it in my module it is not working.

BTW this fields are standard fields of the contact entity.

I am not sure if you can disable specific fields in an entity to be not part of the sdata feed.

Alexander

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Alexander,
Did you get this worked out? I know you had an exchange with Jason and Michael, and we've updated the Application Module documentation to reflect the importance of referencing the module configuration last.

Thanks,
Jeff
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Yes, finally with a lot of testing, playing I got it working.

I also now have my fields for the detail view and list view there.

But the doc is very minimal, so please do more, as this took a lot of time.

Currently there are articles called "Creting a list view" and "Creating a new list view".

Those are the same.

Good would be to have one which is called "customizing a list view" and one "Creating a new list view".

Same for detail and edit ones.

Alexander

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Alexander,

We currently have four guides posted:

1. Creating an Application Module

2. Creating a List View

3. Creating a Detail View

4. Setting up CORS

There are two more guides coming within the next three weeks: Creating an Edit/Insert View and Customizing Existing Views. After that, we'll be making a full API Reference avaialble by generating a document from code comments.

The Customization guide will cover what you're asking for. I'll go ahead and add a post on the mobile forum explaining where we're at with the guides, and what's coming.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Cool stuff!

Need to know how to incorporate the new Sencha ext js framework, GWT, as well as dojo.....

we'll need to know how to do grids, charts, calendars, et al.....

This is getting good!!!

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Jeff: we need you to redo the "Creating An Application Module" WIKI on argos-sdk. I know that for all of you 'geeks' it makes perfectly good sense.....but for the rest of this it seriously is a bunch of gibberish.

For example, instead of having all of the instructions.....how about a base new module set of folders/scripts/index-dev.html....then point out what we need to change....

Thanks!

RJ Samp

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

HI RJ,

I've been meaning to put a new post in the Mobile forum about the documentation. I'll be sure to do that tomorrow. Where we're at right now is that these initial documents are basically a brain dump from the Architect of the mobile client. A number of people, including myself, will be going through the documents over the next couple of weeks and using them to create customizations. We'll get clarifications where we need to and update the documents to be more clear.

In addition to posting the documentation updates, I'll be taking my customization project and posting it as an example. Also, I believe we're just a few days (or maybe a couple of weeks) away from having a new training class available for the new mobile client.

You're just getting in on the ground floor. I know we technically released the product a few weeks ago, but bear with us while we get the documentation and examples caught up. We're not quite at the ideal of having this stuff fully avaiilable on day one, but we should be well ahead of where we were with the core web client.I think we'll have some great stuff for you by mid-April.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

The Master Series course book is AWESOME!

RJ Samp