Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Custom field Lookup values not displaying

Hi everyone

I have a one to one custom table to the Account table.

I created some lookups to some of the fields in that table (account number, ERP Customer name etc')

I modified some code on the lan client (version 8) to allow calling these lookups when clicking on the field caption.

For some reason it does not bring all the values.

I have about 15 records with the values I'm searching for, yet when using that lookup, it only bring 4 records.

Any ideas why the Lookup does not work properly.

Thanks

Oren

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Custom field Lookup values not displaying

In c:\pf\saleslogix there is a util called slxprofiler.exe - if you run that, set it to watch your saleslogix.exe and then pop your lookup - you will see the query it sends to the provider, and the query that is ultimately executed. If you run those in SQL Studio - you should see the same results. Then, look at the query and establish why. It is most likely you have an inner join from account to account ext and then only four records in account ext table (hence why only four are returned). So, the lookup works properly - just adjust your lookup to use a left join (or populate the ext table).
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Great idea.
Thanks mike

I'll try it tomorrow.

Oren
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Thanks Mike

I was using a lookup that was referencing the wrong fields.

Much appreciated.

Oren