Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Create Outlook rule to run Record to History action when certain emails are sent

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have the Record to History function run when an email has been sent?

Currently, we are running an application that creates a quote for a customer, the application allows the quote to be emailed to the customer - but uses Outlook to send it.  The  email is created in the application and appears in the Sent Items in Outlook.  We have to manually go to the Outlook Sent Items, select the email and press the Record to History button to record it.  We are wondering if anyone knows how we can either set up a rule or a macro to look for emails with a particular subject and runs the Record to History function.  We'd like to automate this somehow rather than remembering to do it manually...

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Create Outlook rule to run Record to History action when certain emails are sent

if your application is a .net application that is creating a quote in email format you might most probably wanting to write this information into the history table using a SalesLogix OLEDB connection, this way a user need not have to recort to history. Also you could use Outlook Redemption Objects in your application to take advantage of generating it in the Email format for that selected SalesLogix user.

Let  me know if this answers your question

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Create Outlook rule to run Record to History action when certain emails are sent

It sounds like you are bypassing the UI for the email send. If so ... then you would have to write your own history record. As long as your app connects using the OLEDB provider, you should be able to push that in without problem.

As an alternative, you could use the SalesLogix application object to pop the email with the address, attachment, subject, and body already filled in - and give the user the ability to customize the email message.... then hit SEND SLX.

hth

ws