Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Copy Opportunity outside SalesLogix Cscript, Wscript

I have a customer on SLX 7.2.2 that needs me to update the cost and adj price in products and opportunity products when a cost or price change in MAS500. I am using ERP link but that will not update the opportunity products and is a bit slow. Here is the kicker, they want to copy the original opportunity to a status of history before the cost/price change and it has to be as close to real time as possible. Should I create a VB script using standard SLX conventions and attempt to run using cscript on the 2005 SQL server? Has anybody attempted such a thing? Or

Should I simply write a multiple step DTS to create the copy, update the prices using the Sitekeys table to get my next id number for my copy of the opportunity.

thanks much in advance for your advice

mark

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Copy Opportunity outside SalesLogix Cscript, Wscript

You could do all of that customer work - or simply get a tool like TaskCentre at do it for you. This way you will have something that is easily changed, added to, etc as customer requirements continue to change in the future.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

Thanks much!  Is this correct

http://www.orbis-software.com/products/

I think I could also use Knowledge sync to call crystal report

Silver Contributor

Correct on both counts.
RJ Samp
Copper Contributor

Mark, you'll be able to do this in TaskCentre without writing any code and as RJ suggests, you'd have something that is very flexible if the biz rules change. If you'd like help evaluating TaskCentre, please let me know.
Paul Cannon
Fisher Technology