Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Bypassing sdata

[ Edited ]

I have a requirement that requires a mathmatical calculation to filter out records from my sdata query. The required functions are not available in an sdata query. I am looking at bypassing sdata all together and trying to provide the data myself. I would like to stay within the framework as much as possible.

So far, I've found a the processFeed method under list in the mobile client that takes the result from the sdata query and populates the list and thought if I could just duplicate the response format this should be able to take over displaying the results. But how can I trick the form into calling my ashx generic handler instead of doing an actual sdata call? Anyone have any ideas? I'll keep looking for an idea in the code.

Thanks for any ideas!

Highlighted

Re: Bypassing sdata

Yeah, looks like tricking it into not using sdata isn't going to be feasible. Looks like I'm going to have to create a dummy sdata call, and then on processFeed(feed), I will have to over write the data within Feed['$resources'] with a call to my own service. Ugly but it's the only thing I see working. I wish you could call a user defined function in the query or specify another data source other than sdata.