Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor

Bulk Deleting Activities

In an attemot to atomate some features in sales logix, we set up a task centre job to automatically add activities. Unfortunately, most of these activities are un-answered and still open and the automation attempt was deemed a failure. We would lkie to delete these activities using the SQL utility in admin to clear them out. Any down sides or gotchas here? Are there any relationshipos we need to worry about? As far as I can tell Activity records are end points and child relationships. Is this correct?

Terry

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Bulk Deleting Activities

No, they are also to user_activity (such that they hit the calendar). So, delete from activity and delete corresponding entry in user_activity if there was/is one.
Silver Super Contributor

Also, you can't use SQL Studion if you have remote db's (offices/users) - as they'll still have them on the remote side.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Thanks

I knew I was forgetting somerthing.  I don't think we have any entries in the user_activity for these particular entries (this was part of the problem, the sales people were not acting on the activiteis we set up for them. You can lead a horse to water...) I'll make sure we check for thse though.

Bronze Super Contributor

tdowning@solidconcepts.com wrote:

Thanks

I knew I was forgetting somerthing.  I don't think we have any entries in the user_activity for these particular entries (this was part of the problem, the sales people were not acting on the activiteis we set up for them. You can lead a horse to water...) I'll make sure we check for thse though.

This indeed may be part of your problem. If you created Activity Records but didn't create User_Activity records, then that means that these activities didn't appear in anyone's Calendar.

That said, this is how you can tell the related tables for Activity:

SELECT * FROM SECTABLEDEFS WHERE FIELDNAME = 'ACTIVITYID'

The result may include the following tables (depends on SLX Version):

ACTIITY, ATTACHMENT, HIST_LEAD_HISTORY, HISTORY, PROCESS, RESOURCESCHEDULE, USER_ACTIVITY and USERNOTIFICATION

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

Thanks Raul,

Exactly what I needed.

We intentionaly were not setting user activity records.  We wanted the sales people to review activities on a newly added opportunity and determine what else they needed to do for a given account/opportunity.  The problem was, many of our sales people were not doing this and there is apparently no way to make them.  (Go Figure!? Manage a sales person? I believe that is more difficult than managing developers.)

I think our criteria will be to delete the automatically generated activities with no corresponding user activity records. The idea is to clean up the trash and make the activitiwes useful again. Right now the users that do use the activities are complaining about the litter.