Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Audit Deletions?

I'm relatively new to developing/administering for SalesLogix, and I wasn't able to find an answer for this in the Knowledge Base or the forums, so here goes...

We have a user that keeps notes on an activity (to-do), that is tied to an opportunity on an account.  On a few occasions, the opportunity got deleted (by someone?) and that deletion took the activity along with it.  The end result is that the user lost all of her notes.  We recovered the notes from a database backup, but this is becoming a frequent enough problem that we would like to determine who is doing this so we can correct them.

It doesn't look like SalesLogix does any auditing for entities that get deleted.  I don't see anything under Notes/History if an opportunity is deleted and I can find no reference to the value of the removed OPPORTUNITYID in the entire database after it's deleted.  Are there products out there that provide audit trails for SalesLogix, or is this something I would have to develop myself?  If the latter, are there any good articles that could point me in the right direction?

I'd be open to other suggestions for dealing with this problem too, in case I am overthinking this....I'd appreciate any insight people could provide!  Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Audit Deletions?

Also, we are using SalesLogix LAN Client 7.5.1.1742

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

The quickest way is to go into Admin/Security and prevent all deletions of Opps by users. Have the user then send an email to an admin to delete (which prevents them arbitrarily deleting them). Another way (and is preferred) - stop the deletion from the menu/function etc. and intercept this. Set the seccodeid (team) of the entity to a team that only the admin user has access to. That way it appears to delete to the user. But, it's still in the DB and you can recover it very quickly just by setting the owner back to the team. Works very well !
Highlighted

Thanks Mike.  I think we are going to go with the first option for now.

As a follow-up question, do the "feature security" settings have to be done on a user-by-user basis, or is there an easy way to apply it to an entire group of users?  I think we're going to make use of user templates for new users, but it was a bit of a pain to revoke this access for 150 total users....Just want to make sure I didn't miss something...

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

you set up one user's security just like you want it.....then copy their Security profile to the 150 users......FAST.

RJ Samp