Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Anyone know how to control the NAV bar in SalesLogix LAN to switch to a different group?

I have a client that wants to control the NAV bar (left hand vertical bar in the LAN interface).

The NAV bar allows you to manually select a major grouping (i.e., Dashboards / Sales / Marketing / Service), then displays the related icons under that group.

The client needs me to switch which major group is visible because, through code, we're switching to a different Main View.  The new Main View represents different functionality than the original Main View.  Switching the NAV group will bring up the icons relevant to the Main View's functionality.

You get extra credit if you have the answer to this one, because SalesLogix support was unable to solve it.  Support says:   "I spoke to someone in SDK and the person thought it may be possible to control the Nav Bar like you want but they have not done it or encountered anyone attempting to do so.  They suggested you post that question on our forum as others may have done something like this before.  Since this is a very active community many SalesLogix employees, other BPs, and end users actively answer questions and may be able to assist you."

Thanks!

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know how to control the NAV bar in SalesLogix LAN to switch to a different group?

Unfortunately, there are plenty of ways to move to the right entity/view etc. but none of these will involve moving to the NavBar group nor expanding the NavBar (as there is no need - and, because, items can exist in more than one group - see tickets, which contains contacts and activities, sales contains contacts etc). Ideally, you could do with a function such as Application.BasicFunctions.ExpandToolbar ("Name") and Application.BasicFunctions.CompressToolbar ("Name") But, I'd say this would, overall, also make the result very "giddy" - as the toolbars would be changing without user intervention. You can, also, record several macros that do this - unfortunately, you can only run them in real-time (i.e. slow).
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Anyone know how to control the NAV bar in SalesLogix LAN to switch to a different group?

Yes, I agree, the "ExpandToolbar" and "CompressToolbar" functions would be ideal, but there doesn't seem to be anything like it.  I've further heard from support; they are now indicating that this request is not possible.

Thanks for your help.