Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Any DB Tool to connect to SalesLogix database

Hi,

I am new to SalesLogix, just want to know whether it is possible to connect SalesLogix database through some DB tools instead of SalesLogix Admin? Just since I found the database manager comes with SalesLogix Admin is not good enough.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Any DB Tool to connect to SalesLogix database

You can connect with SQL Query Analyzer, Redgate, TOAD, et al.......the purpose of the Database manager is to correctly (per SLX Specs) create, alter, delete, SalesLogix Tables and Fields. If you want tables and fields to work correctly with SLX you must use the DB Manager.

We create SQL Views, scalar functions, stored procedures, and do maintenance using SQL Query Analyzer....be advised that anything you do through non-SLX sync aware tools will NOT synchronize out to remote offices or clients....

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replay. I still cannot figure out how I can connect to the database server.

I am using SQL Server Management Studio and the SalesLogix Server is tstcawwd001, SalesLogix Database name is SLX_TEST.

Could you please point me on how to setup it in SQL Server Management Studio?

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Have you tried Google for an answer or talking to someone in your IT Department? Truth be known, I wouldn't want you on any corporate SQL Server if you didn't know how to click on the Connection Icon, point at a Server\Instance, correctly choose the authentication method, enter the username and password as appropriate, and click on OK...

But that's just me....

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

As RJ eluded to, it may be prudent for you to pick up a book on SQL Server. You are asking on how to get to the underlying guts of the data without knowing or respecting (i suspect) the power that is. I know I would not be comfortable sending you down that path as I would think it would be come a black hole of support from (1) how do I connect, (2) how do I query, (3) how do I update and so forth. There are great books out there and hopefully you have some peers local to you that can support your upgrading of skills direction.