Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Add each checklistbox value into a text field

Hi all. We have SLX LAN v7.2.1.

I'm working with the checklistbox control (it has 4 values to choose from: A, B, C, D) and I'm trying to figure out a way to add the checklistbox values (that are checked by the end user) into a text field (mytext). The code below is what I have so far. I would like to add each value into mytext like this:

If there's just one value checked then = A

If there's 2 values checked then = A, B

If there's 3 values checked then = A, B, C

and if there's 4 values checked then = A, B, C, D

I would add the comma depending on how many values were checked in (if there was one then no comma). Any idea how I can do this? For now there will be 4 values, but in the future there could be 10, 20 , 30 so I would like to create script that will count how many are checked and from there know how many commas to add. Below is the script that I have so far, it inserts each value into a table (used for other purposes) but I'm missing the part where I want to fill in the text field (mytext) on the form.

Thank you in advance!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'See how many checkboxes are filled in''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

j=0

For i = 0 to CheckListBox1.Items.Count- 1

If CheckListBox1.Checked(i) = True then

j=j+1

End If

Next

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'This if-else checks to see if the end user filled in a product line checkbox.

If j=0 then 'The end user did not fill in a checkbox

Msgbox("You must select a product line")

Else    'The end user filled in a checkbox, proceed to inserting into the C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES table

Set cn = Application.GetNewConnection

sql_productlines="Insert into C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES (C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINESID, C_PROMO_HEADER_ACCOUNTID, CREATEUSER,CREATEDATE, PRODUCTLINE) VALUES ('" &  Application.BasicFunctions.GetIDFor("C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES") & "', '" & txtPromoHeaderID.Text  & "' ,'" & Application.BasicFunctions.CurrentUserID & "','" & NOW & "' ,'" & CheckListBox1.Items.Item(i) & "')"

cn.Execute sql_productlines

End If  'Finish inserting into the C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES table

Next

End If  ' End of the if-else that checks to see if the end user filled in a product line checkbox.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Add each checklistbox value into a text field

I think I got it to work!

'This if-else checks to see if the end user filled in a product line checkbox.
    If j=0 then 'The end user did not fill in a checkbox

Msgbox("You must select a product line")

Else    'The end user filled in a checkbox, proceed to inserting into the C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES table

txtProductLineString.Text = ""

If j = 1 Then

sql_productlines="Insert into C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES (C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINESID, C_PROMO_HEADER_ACCOUNTID, CREATEUSER,CREATEDATE, PRODUCTLINE) VALUES ('" &  Application.BasicFunctions.GetIDFor("C_PROMO_PRODUCTLINES") & "', '" & txtPromoHeaderID.Text  & "' ,'" & Application.BasicFunctions.CurrentUserID & "','" & NOW & "' ,'" & CheckListBox1.Items.Item(i) & "')"

txtProductLineString.Text = CheckListBox1.Items.Item(i)

Next

Else

If txtProductLineString.Text = "" Then

txtProductLineString.Text =CheckListBox1.Items.Item(i)

Else

txtProductLineString.Text = txtProductLineString.Text & " AND " & CheckListBox1.Items.Item(i)

End If

Next

end if

End If  ' End of the if-else that checks to see if the end user filled in a product line checkbox.