Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Super Contributor

7.53 LAN Architect slow performance loading Data Binding field list

Hi all,

I have a customer who is having issues within the LAN Architect. When working with an Opportunity form, and clicking on the bindable property of a control, it will take a long time to bring up the dialog box to "select data path". On my end, with a copy of their database, this will take about 30 seconds, but on their end, it's taking up to 3 minutes. The Account form dat5 binding selections will come up much more quickly - and there are way more tables at the account level.

I have run all sorts of Integrity checks, such as recursive joins, joins to tables that don't really exist, missing/extra SecTableDefs and ResyncTableDefs entries, but nothing looks amiss. I'm not sure where else to look. It's not the install, cuz with the eval db on my image, the box pops right up in milliseconds. So I know it's database specific. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Becki Blackburn
BITtelligent
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: 7.53 LAN Architect slow performance loading Data Binding field list

After calling Sage Support, who gave me the idea of trying to rename the JoinData table, then copying in a good JoinData table from the eval db, I found that the issue cleared up. So now I get the fun of trying to narrow down which bad join(s) it is. Hopefully, in doing this though, perhaps it will also help with overall performance of the database, with groups and who knows what else.

Time for more coffee....

Becki Blackburn
BITtelligent