Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎02-27-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I was intentionally vague about my issues because I didn't want to hijack the thread. Most of them can be found in other posts and many, many more in ITToolbox which I don't use anymore. But I'm not interested in paying a programmer to fix Sage problems, I'm interested in Sage fixing Sage problems. I'm also interested in Sage doing some minimal QA on some issues that clearly should have been caught before released.

 

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

No program meets the needs of all people. And virtually no program of any size at all is absolutely bug free. It may be that if I was on a current version of SLx, I wouldn't have the problem. It's just frustrating to have a task that I need to complete and not be able to do it because of something that should work. Manually changing three fields in 8,000+ contact records would not be much fun.

 

Thanks for your input guys.

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎08-05-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I can imagine you are saying that. Manually changing that much data is no fun at all.

 

I am developing in SLX for almost 13 years now and I wrote many SQL scripts for altering

data myself. I've used the WG Admin quite often for that purpose, because most of the time

that's even faster than the Replace Data wizard execution.

Or I would just write a VB script to handle it.

 

I agree that the Replace Data Wizard should be fixed, because an administrative user should

have a simple tool to work with.

 

Hartog

 

 

 

 

 

Silver Contributor
Posts: 835
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Unfortunately at minimum you should be on 6.2.6....

 

I'm interested in your statement 'all of a sudden' it stopped working...did it ever work in 6.2.3? and Now it doesn't....or did you upgrade to 6.2.3 and now you can't update stuff.

 

 

RJ Samp
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I believe it had been working. It's been quite a while since I last tried to change anything. I know I have made group replaces in the past, but... the problem seems to be with user created/defined fields. I can't say for certain that I have changed any groups of user defined fields.
Gold Super Contributor
Posts: 3,087
Registered: ‎03-19-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

A - Are the fields in question in 1:1 and/or 1:m custom tables?

 

B - Are the fields in question custom fields added to the OOTB Slx provided tables?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎08-05-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

What's the outcome of the SLX Profiler I was wondering.

 

Hartog

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

RJ,

 

The table in question is linked 1:1 to the Contact table. I don't know about the other; maybe you can tell something from the attached screen shot of the files.

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Rats! RJ, I wasn't able to attach the jpg.
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.