12-11-2010 12:50 PM
The "Replace Data" function seems to have stopped working in my SLx. We are still on Version 6.2.3. It has always worked in the past but it simply doesn't "Replace With Specified Value" now. Everything else seems to be working fine.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-12-2010 11:27 PM
12-13-2010 07:11 AM
12-14-2010 12:03 AM
I've reported issues with the Replace Data Wizard for more than a year ago. My customer and I even recorded it in order to reproduce and gave it to support. Nothing has changed since then...
12-14-2010 08:17 AM
MS Dynamics will have other issues I am sure
I've helped the customer with executing update queries in the WG Administrator...
12-14-2010 09:20 PM
I've used and supported MSD and SLX and to me its no contest. When the opportunity presents itself I will jump ship in a heartbeat. The ONLY thing that I can think of that Sage has a distinct advantage over MS is their Helpdesk. Although, I *am* interested in their Thin Mobile Client coming out in January.
But the Replace Data frustration is just one of many, including issues with Move, Merge, Security, Attachments, Admin Groups slowness, Server Side Cursor, Dashboards, SpeedSearch, Default Groups and especially their BP model and the terrible way they handled the daylight savings time stamp catastrophe. That's a dozen right there!
12-14-2010 10:16 PM
Well, at least you can work on the items you mentioned.
I don't have issues with Attachments, Server Side Cursor, Dashboards and Default groups.
For the security part I wrote something that is based on roles and I have implemented that part for a
german bank. I wrote something that can read all the controls from a Form, write them into a table
and from that point on we can enable the fields per role for a specific group of users.
We only had issues with the daylight savings time once, when it struck everyone
by surprise that an automatic Windows Update could cause these kind of troubles.
I can imagine that MSD was better prepared for that, for it was MS itself causing the change.
For the Attachments I just recall an issue when loading them there was no bindid, so all
the attachments would be loaded. For that there is a simple workaround which takes you
less than an hour to repair. I don't want to say that there are no issues, but at the moment
I can live with them because I can do something about it.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.