Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010
Accepted Solution

"Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

The "Replace Data" function seems to have stopped working in my SLx. We are still on Version 6.2.3. It has always worked in the past but it simply doesn't "Replace With Specified Value" now. Everything else seems to be working fine.

 

Any thoughts?

 

    Ted Myers

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎02-27-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

As far as I can remember, there have always been exceptions to what will work, so much so, that I've come to rely on Execute SQL and hardly ever use the Global Replace. Sage should be able to fill you in on the details. What specifically are you trying to replace? Thanks, Larry Esposito
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Thanks Larry. I'm trying to replace the data in some user defined fields that are indicators for whether people have subscribed to various newsletters - basically True and False.
Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎02-27-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I think custom fields may have been problematic. Sage should be able to tell you for sure.

 

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎08-05-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I've reported issues with the Replace Data Wizard for more than a year ago. My customer and I even recorded it in order to reproduce and gave it to support. Nothing has changed since then...

 

Hartog

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Thanks again, Larry
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Bummer. Smiley Sad Well, I guess there's always Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎08-05-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

MS Dynamics will have other issues I am sure Smiley Wink

I've helped the customer with executing update queries in the WG Administrator...

 

Regards,

 

Hartog

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎02-27-2010

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

I've used and supported MSD and SLX and to me its no contest. When the opportunity presents itself I will jump ship in a heartbeat. The ONLY thing that I can think of that Sage has a distinct advantage over MS is their Helpdesk. Although,  I *am* interested in their Thin Mobile Client coming out in January.

 

But the Replace Data frustration is just one of many, including issues with Move, Merge, Security, Attachments, Admin Groups slowness, Server Side Cursor, Dashboards, SpeedSearch, Default Groups and especially their BP model and the terrible way they handled the daylight savings time stamp catastrophe. That's a dozen right there!

 

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎08-05-2009

Re: "Replace Data" function has stopped working in Version 6.2.3

Well, at least you can work on the items you mentioned.

I don't have issues with Attachments, Server Side Cursor, Dashboards and Default groups.

For the security part I wrote something that is based on roles and I have implemented that part for a

german bank. I wrote something that can read all the controls from a Form, write them into a table

and from that point on we can enable the fields per role for a specific group of users.

We only had issues with the daylight savings time once, when it struck everyone

by surprise that an automatic Windows Update could cause these kind of troubles.

 

I can imagine that MSD was better prepared for that, for it was MS itself causing the change.

For the Attachments I just recall an issue when loading them there was no bindid, so all

the attachments would be loaded. For that there is a simple workaround which takes you

less than an hour to repair. I don't want to say that there are no issues, but at the moment

I can live with them because I can do something about it.

 

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

 

Hartog