Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

high processor utilization using slx web client 7.5.1

I am having an issue where when I run the Saleslogix 7.5.1 web client, my processor utilization approaches 100% and my machine drags.  This does not happen on all computers.  I am running winxp sp2 with ie7.  The computer has 1gb of ram and is a P4 3.2 processor.  This is the only application I have running.  One thing I notice is that when I have the contacts listing open, if I hover my mouse over the various contacts, the processor utilization skyrockets.  When I take the mouse off of the application and on the desktop, the processor utilization goes to zero.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: high processor utilization using slx web client 7.5.1

Not sure I've seen your exact symptoms but have seen slow and weird behavior when SLX Web ActiveX was corrupted or partially installed.

On the client PC, need to check IE security, clear cache, and remove SalesLogix ActiveX components so they are re-installed.

First, make sure the Web Client site is in Internet Explorer Trusted
Sites (Tools > Options > Security > Trusted Sites).  Then,
clear Temporary Internet Files - make sure Favorites Temp Files are
cleared in IE 7.

To remove the SalesLogix ActiveX, delete C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SLX*.*
(Windows path may be different depending on configuration; will remove
6 DLLs and 1 OCX).  ActiveX components will be downloaded and
reinstalled automatically on next login of SalesLogix.

If still no luck, check on Server for errors in Event Viewer, Application section.  With the ActiveX issues, we've seen Event Log on server look something like this (many entries, usually with Group-, Account-, or Contact-related exceptions):

2009-09-10 16:54:38,575 ERROR Global - Unhandled exception.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.GroupInfoException: GetGroupDataReader Failed:  ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Invalid column name 'ACCOUNT_UC'.

If this does not resolve issues, need to troubleshoot further with SLX Profiler.

---
Chris Reich
www.customerconnected.com

Thanks for the reply.  We have tried your suggestions on the workstation side and no luck.  A lot of the slowness seems to be due to hardware.  We just upgraded a persons machine from 1gb of ram to 2gb and seemed to help quite a bit.  I passed on the server suggestions to our server people.  Is there a recommended hardware spec for the clients?
Nickel Super Contributor

Hey

We are currently going to upgrade our SQL server to max out the RAM and CPU sizes.  With the Web Server, I believe we are at 4 gigs or RAM and 2.4ghz CPU and we are considering upgrading it as well if we do not see an increase in performance from the SQL Server.

I guess my rule of logic is try to get your hands on best performance for the amount of money you have to spend.  You can never have enough memory Smiley Wink