Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Wish List #1

I've been working with Slx for a few years now, and it would be great if there was a way to clone accounts and contacts. For example, there are often separate divisions of a company at the same location, some with separate opportunities relevant to the divisions. It would be great if a user could just clone an existing account (just the mainview info) and change any particulars as required.

Also, I do a LOT of testing before a Slx modification can be implemented, and it is pretty tedious to create dummy contacts and accounts just for testing purposes.

Thanks,

Bruce

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Wish List #1

This is typical customization that many of us BP's do for our clients. It's that way because nobody'd Account/Contact/etc.. entities (parent/child tables/fields) are ever the same.. nor are the business rules (for cloneing) ever the same.

One thing we do quite often is build out a clone Opportunity.

SalesLogix (nor ANY other crm package) will ever have all you want OOTB - impossible. I come from a former CIO's point of view (w/SalesLogix and other systems) as well as a Partner. As long as it's customizable, that's really what counts at the end of the day

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html