Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Where should users record payment information in SLX 7.5.4 LAN client?

I can't seem to find a field anywhere in SLX for recording payment information; e.g. credit card numbers, ACH, and so forth. I'm surprised the "Sales Orders" tab in opportunities does not contain fields for recording payment information. How are sales reps supposed to submit an order to accounting for fulfillment without a field for entering payments? It seems like the only option is for the sales reps to include the payment information in the notes/comments section. However, this worries me due to legal concerns.

Any advice you can offer would be very much appreciated. I feel like I'm missing something hereSmiley Indifferent.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Where should users record payment information in SLX 7.5.4 LAN client?

Correct - there is NO OOTB field for recording CC#'s, SSN's, etc. Remember, to save this kind of data in a db you must comply w/privacy laws as well as the rules of the CC companies.

Encryption is a way to go (been there.. done that).. as well as just record the auth# from the CC company. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Where should users record payment information in SLX 7.5.4 LAN client?

RJ,

Thank you for your response. I'm guessing SLX doesn't include OOTB fields such as these, because they don't want to leave themselves open to lawsuit as a result of customers misusing these fields. We will definitely look at getting these fields along with proper encryption.

Regards

Tyler