Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Web Client - User can not save changes

Hello all:

I have a problem useing the web client 7.53.  I created a new user (I used an exsisting user as a template, the exsisting user is set up just fine)  The new user is not getting the SAVE icon on the screen, so if they make any record changes, they have no way of saving them. 

I am sure this is very simple and I am missing something.

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Web Client - User can not save changes

What type of user is it?  Have you added the User to the Standard Role in the web client?

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

How do you check for the standard user role?

Our end users recently lost the ablility to save back the changes they make in Contact, Account or Opporunties.  However ticket changes can be made.   Maybe the users someone how lost this role?  Clients are able to do all these above actions in the LAN client but not in the SLX Web Client.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Employee

You need to log into the Web Client as the Admin user.  Then go to Administration and Users.  Here check that each user is assisgned to the Standard User Role.

This sounds like your issue to me.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is found under Roles> Then add the user.  By default none of the users were added.  Looks like you need to add each user individually.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Employee

Sorry I should have added, if this is the first time you are setting up roles, on the right hand side of the web page, where the filters are, there should be a link that says 'Add all users to Standard Role' so that you can do all at once.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks this is great.