Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Web 7.52 Export error message

We are having an issue exporting to Excel on our web site.  When you try to export we get the attatched error message:

unable to download contact.aspx from .... Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unabailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Employee

Re: Web 7.52 Export error message

I don't have the answer, but some other things I would try out that might yield more info about the issue:

• Try using Export to Excel from another Entity, say Account, to check if the problem is specific to Contact entity or your Contact Group.
  • Try using the "Export to File" (found on the Common Tasks pane in lower right side of screen when in Group List view mode

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Silver Contributor

You can also use Fiddler to check what your client is requesting.

Fiddler logs the complete stream and you see everything there.

Perhaps I remember wrong, but does the export function work, when you are not using ActiveX?

If so, check if the Plugin is installed correctly and can be used.

Regards

Alexander

Employee

Are you using HTTPS? There was a similar issue in 7.5.1, but it should have been fixed in 7.5.2 (1-71822).

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Employee

For v7.5.1 implementations, see HotFix 42 - as Mike indicated, only applies if using HTTPS.
Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group