Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Version 7.5.3 blows up every time I try to use mail merge

I need help understanding how to correct the error I get everything I try to use an email template.  Using SalesLogix 7.5.3 Office 2010 and IE 11 every time I try to use an email template, first I I am told I need to close Winword.exe then SalesLogix stops working and closes. I have tried email template with one letter and it still shuts down and closes. 

What can be done to be able to correct

Employee

Re: Version 7.5.3 blows up every time I try to use mail merge

Hi there,

From your post I assume your using the infor CRM Web Client and attempting to run a Mail Merge from there.

The problem may well be IE 11 in this case, as that version of Internet Explorer is not compatible with SLX 7.5.3

If you attempt the Mail Merge using the infor CRM Web Client with the last supported IE version (IE 8) for 7.5.3, do you still experience the error message?

Kind regards,

I am using SLXremote and IE 11.  One option was to use the Web based but i elected to not use.  I continually get the window that states SalesLogix has stopped working and i need to close the program.  Before this window shows up i am told i need to close Word from the task manager eventhough Word is not open WINWORD.EXE is. 

I hope this answers your question and can help solve my issue. 

Silver Contributor

IE 11 wasn't even on the radar when SLX 7.5.3 hit the newstands.....
Not compatible, doesn't work, etc.
RJ Samp

Thank you for that enlightenment.  If IE 8 is no longer supported do I have any options, firefox or something else and what version would work? 

Silver Super Contributor

Did you try the dll ? - nothing to do with IE versions (i.e. 8/9/10/11 etc) - just that from IE9 etc. it changes.

Copper Super Contributor

Assumed that you use the slx v75,3 LAN client maybe you can alternatively try to use the slxmmengine.dll contained in the slx v7.5.4 update.

see details here:

http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Customer-Experience/7-5-2-Mail-Merge-Crashing-with-IE-10/m-p/1582...

W. Andreas

I travel a lot and find it difficult to try something that I fear could blow up and turn my laptop into a boat anchor, it has happened in the past.  I would like to try modifying the dll but wanted to make sure the 64bit change is the same as the 32bit example.

cd\

cd program files (x86)

cd saleslogix

regsvr32 slxmmengine.dll

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Can assure you it won't do that - just make a copy of the old one if you are unsure - you can put it back in easily if it doesn't work. But, none of this would destabilise the machine in any way - would only affect MM (which is broken anyway so you have zero to lose).