Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Using SalesLogix Tickets for the Help Desk

Hi all.

We are looking into possibly using the SalesLogix tickets option for our help desk to be able to keep track of all help desk calls. Has anyone used SLX tickets for this purpose? Any tips or suggestions?

We currently have SLX LAN v7.2.1

Thank you in advance!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Using SalesLogix Tickets for the Help Desk

Hi,

We use it every day and have done for over 10 years!

A Tip: Use Ticket Activities to keep track of all email communications for each ticket (drag n drop or Send SLX )

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Let me know if you need more insite on this, we have done it for multiple customers. 
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the tip!

Do you keep the steps taken to solve the issue in the "Comments" tab or do you put it in the "Resolution" section? If so, do you date them (pressing Shift + F9)?

I'm a bit confused why they have an "Activities" tab and a "Ticket Activities" tab, is it because the "Activities" tab has an alarm feature?

Message Edited by SLX_User on 06-24-2010 01:51 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

I try to keep it simple so it's easier for myself and colleagues to find the exaclty what they need:

Ticket Details:

Problem: This error happened

Resolution: To resolve this error do this (Leaving a long trail of unnecessary info in here just makes finding the resolution that much harder. Also, if you use the customer portal no customer wants to trail through a load of detail! They just want to know how to fix their issue)

Comments: I use to comments box to add addiotnal info about the issue (its good for internal use only if you use the customer portal too!)

I use the Ticket Activities tab to track all activities associated with working on and resolving the ticket (mainly email communication with the customer and Sage) 

I then use the Activities to schedule follow-ups with the customer "Did the resolution provided work" , "Hot Fix 4 release 3rd July, download and update customer site" etc etc

You might want to also check out SpeedSearch for Ticketing!

I hope this helps.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Activities tab entries will be reflected in your calendar and will be against Account & Contact which is against that Ticket, while Ticket Activities tab will only befor Tickets.

Activity tab will allow you to create Activity where you visit / phone or communicate to customer individually or with team.

Ticket Activity you record the the action taken that you have done to resolve the problem that customer is facing. In each Ticket Activity you have Start Dateand End Date, you can use this for also calculating Child TAT for each Ticket Activity.

Ticket Activity can also be used one you have CTi, when ever call is received relevant to that particular Ticket the new Ticket Activity can be logged.

--

Regards

Kalpesh

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks to both Adam and kalpesh, your tips and explanation are great.

Hi,

We're using tickets for support with our customers, but we want to use the resolutions to avoid waste time creating and solving tickets related with the same topic.

How we can handle this? Any clue.

Thank you, regards!!

Highlighted

Hi,

Your Support department may frequently receive calls about problems that are similar. Use Standard Problems to record descriptions of these problems, and Standard Resolutions to store proven ways they can be resolved. Once standard problems and resolutions are established, they can be used to supplement a ticket description or used as the ticket resolution.

A standard problem can be associated with one standard resolution, or multiple resolutions. In addition, a standard resolution can be associated with multiple problems. For example, a printing problem might have three possible resolutions. Likewise, the resolution for an error message might apply to several problems.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sneha