Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

Users cannot drag/drop emails to lead notes/history

We're using SalesLogix 7.5.4 LAN. Our users cannot drag/drop emails from MS Outlook to the notes/history section for contacts. However, they cannot do this for leads. Is there a reason for this or is this just a bug? 

Thanks!

Tyler

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Users cannot drag/drop emails to lead notes/history

I cannot see this issue reported as defect. I have just tested this on a standard Saleslogix v.7.5.4 HF16 environment and it works fine. I have also logged on to a customer’s system running v7.5.4 HF13 and it works fine there too. Have you had any customisations implemented around this area? Also, what version of Outlook are you running?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Astute Commentator

Adam,

We're running Outlook 2010. We haven't done any customisations that should affect this. I'm glad to hear that this is not normal behavior.

regards,

Tyler
Bronze Elite Contributor

Does SendSLX work for Leads?

Regards, Adam Travers
Astute Commentator

Yes. However, I'm not sure if its behaving normally. If there is one or more lead with a matching email address, a note will be added to each lead. If there is one or more contacts with matching email addresses, users will be prompted to select the appropriate contact record. If there are contacts and leads with matching emails, users will be prompted to select only from matching contact records.

Regards,

Tyler
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

This one is bugging me and I cannot find the answer. I would understand if it was the same for the Contact entity. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to help.

Regards, Adam Travers