Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Unable to use Tools

I have a problem with using certain features in my Saleslogix client.

I am unable to use the Sales Processes, Products, Competitors, Quotas, Macros, and basically almost every single option in the Tools menu.

When I go into the menu the options are simply grayed out.

I asked a Trainer and they said I need to get my Administrator to activate these features, but when they looked on the client there was no obvious way to enable them.

Can you please help me with this? Without these functions I can use the Dealpipeline or create any meaningful statistics.

Saleslogix is essentially a glorified calendar right now.

Thanks

Chris

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Unable to use Tools

Enablement is done via the SalesLogix Admin tool/application. See your SalesLogix Admin to get this done.

You may not be licensed for some of this as well.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks for the reply.

We haven't got an administrator, so IT just installed the admin client onto my laptop and I coldn't find where the tools would be enabled/disabled.

Sorry.
Actually a better question would be:
What is the license? Is it an annual payment to allow us to use the system?

Shouldn't we already have one if one of our wholly owned subsidiary companies uses all the features of Saleslogix?
I have also noticed I can't use the database tools in the Administrator client. Is this consistent with a missing license also?

The client has never even prompted me that I needed a license (both Administrator and User clients).

Finally, how much would a license cost?
Thank you greatly
Chris
Copper Elite Contributor

You are correct, the better question is "what is the license". Which leads us to even a better question. Who is the person at your company, or your subsidiary's company who is responsible for SalesLogix. They are the one you should be contacting. If you don't know, try contacting SalesLogix directly - I'm sure they can assist in clarifying your licensing arrangements.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Highlighted

Done and done, problem solved.
I used the architect to sort the problem and have inquired about some licensing issues as well.

Cheers for the help.