Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Typical amount of Users?

Aloha from Germany!

Please can you give us some Info of the typically amount of Users for SLX in the USA!

We have here in Germany a lot of Customers with 10-25 Seats and I want to know is it normally or is our Base to small for SLX?

Thankx

Michael

m-Computers Consulting ---In Business since 1989!

… stay connected!
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Typical amount of Users?

Hi Michael,

Can't answer for the US, but here in the UK, I have three customers who have under 5 users. I don't think it is the number of users that determines if SLX would be good for a company, but rather what they want to do with the product.

Some might consider anything under 20 users to be ACT! and Sage CRM territory, but why should a company make do with anything but the best just because they have fewer users? ;-)

nick

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

We have lots of customers in that range, and is where we started out initally with our customer base.  Over the years, our number of seats per install has grown, but we still take the deals for number of users in that range as well.  We even have a couple of customers that are in the 5 to 7 seat range.  They ultimately looked at other packages before deciding on SalesLogix, but when they looked for the features that met their needs, decided that while the price ws higher than other solutions that were more geared for their size, the features they desired did not exist in the  lower cost offerings.

Just my $.02......

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

It's a good number. As others have posted, it's all about functionality, etc.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi All,

This sounds good!

One reason for Michal to ask this question was the fact, that we had a windows sbs 2008 discussion in a diffeent thread.

We also have, as Michal said, a lot of customers in that range.

The result of this sbs 2008 thread was, that a good installation is to virutalize everything.

For a small company with about 5 - 15 users this results in a lot of hardware and money they need to spend.

(I do see from a techincal point of view, that this is the best way)

What reactions do you get when you have users in that range dealing with sbs 2008 server and the fact, that slx is not supported for install directly on the sbs.

Or do your customers in that range have a different IT-structure?

We see that for our customers this is something we have discussions abut, as they say, that the reason for them to buy sbs 2008 server is to only have one server where everything runs on.

(And do not have a quite expensive one)

I totally aggree with yu, that the amount of users is not the criteria to see slx or a different program.

Sage is trying to tell us here that slx is for mid market and starts with 50 client per install.

We do not have many of those customers, and it seems that you also have small ones.

Thanks for feedback!

Alexander

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

If Sage is telling you that 50 users is the entry point they are far removed from reality. This is not the case.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I agree wholeheartedly with Timmus, our average deal is probably somewhere in that range.  We typically see 100-200 seat deals just as often as we see 10-15 seat deals.  At the end of the day, it still comes down to a matter of "does the application fit the customer's requirements?"

And as a side note, alot of those 10-15 seat deals often turn into much higher installtion seat counts as a company gets SalesLogix installed and other departments see what the capabilities of the application are and want it for them as well. 

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree w/Timmus on this...

There are TONS of customers out there w/less than 50 users. In fact, I believe the really strong growth for SalesLogix is at the bottom end. 

A good all-in-one solution is just what they need. Small business are struggling under the current recession and stimulus is doing nothing for them. They need to be able to do more w/the resources they have. What could be better than SalesLogix! 

Message Edited by RJLedger on 08-06-2009 01:08 PM
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I don't have specific numbers on systems and their corresponding sizes, but it is true that there are many Sage SalesLogix systems in the market with fewer than 25 users.  And I absolutely agree with the several posters here who have stated that it is not the size of the system in terms of the number of users that determines whether SalesLogix is the right fit or not.  SalesLogix has numerous advantages in terms of rich feature set for professional sales and service organizations, a full-featured CRM solution, data security, customizability, integration capabilities, mobile and disconnected access, and others - if those capabilities are important to the customer, then SalesLogix may be the right fit regardless of the number of users.  Sometimes we are pressed to state a target market or a "typical" installation, and what we find is that SalesLogix is very well suited for the mid market.  But that in no way implies that it is not also a good fit for smaller organizations or for enterprises - we have systems in market ranging from the single digits of users to multiple thousands of users.  System size is not the critical factor.

Travis Nisbett
Senior Product Manager, Sage SalesLogix
travis.nisbett@sage.com
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are many companies out there with 100-200 users that really have no comprehensive strategy for using a CRM platform. After all, it's just a tool, albeit a powerful one. On the other hand, there are 10 seat companies with extremely well thought out customer-centric strategies that need a platform that provides workflow support for the strategy, and other supporting work processes (either facilitating manual process or fully automating). This can make a smaller company look like a super company (it can make a larger company very impressive too).

So, if you've thought out how to be super effective at keeping your customers happy and acquiring new ones, it's not a bad idea to invest in technology that bigger companies use because the bigger companies may not be using it to support a cross-functional strategy, rather theiy're simply throwing people at the problem and using the system as a data store (or maybe get a few operational efficiencies).

You can't compete with a contact manager with today's customer expectations.

Message Edited by mboysen on 08-13-2009 07:20 AM
Message Edited by mboysen on 08-13-2009 07:20 AM
Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile