Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Syncing User-defined Functions to SalesLogix 7.2.2 Remote

I have created a SQL user-defined function which is referenced within the SELECT statement of a SQL VIEW. This view is used within the SalesLogix Client to populate a CONTACT query builder tab. I want to "share" this tab out to several of my remote users.

INITIAL TEST
I have successfully Created, "Enabled" (within SLX Admin - Database Manager), and synchronized out to my Remote Users a version of this VIEW and TAB that DOESN'T contain this function. So I know the View and Tab work.

SUBSEQUENT TEST
I created a "revised" version of the View (now containing this new user-defined function within a field in the SELECT statement) and query builder tab referencing this new field. It works great on the HOST when I'm log in as a NETWORK user. Unfortunately, when I share this new VIEW and TAB out to my remotes, the new TAB is empty.

QUESTION:
Unlike the "Enable" button within SLX Admin - Database Mgr to sync out a VIEW, I don't see any way to sync out a user-defined function?

I have also tested cutting a new database for a remote user to see if the function is included. During the "Create Remote User Databases..." I get the following error messages:

"Error in step: stpExecSQL_CreateViews Microsoft SQL Native Client Cannot find either column "sysdba" or the user-defined function or aggregate "sysdba.<the name of my function>", or the name is ambiguous."

"Step: stpExecSQL_CreateViews returned error: Cannot find either column "sysdba" or the user-defined function or aggregate "sysdba.<the name of my function>", or the name is ambiguous."

"Database creation cancelled"

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much.