Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sync changes records' modifydate

Hi,

We are on 7.2.2 LAN.  This seems to be odd to me.  It seems that most records that are sent back and forth to any database have their modifydate updated as part of the sync record.  For example, I update a record in our Remote Office database at 12:00pm.  At 12:14 pm, the sync runs to our Host database. When I check the Modify date of the same record on the host, it now says 12:14pm.  It doesn't matter if the record is updated on the host, Remote Office, or another remote databas, whichever database recieves the change updates the record's modifydate in recieving database to be the time it is processed by the incoming sync process. The change to the modifydate is not sent back out ( I shiver to think of that loop!!) .  I'll have 3 different modifydate values between a remote database, the Remote Office db, and the host db.  Seems to me they should all be the same. All record types are effected.   We are having some intermittent sync issues and think this may be contributing to it. 

Any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks

Patrick

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sync changes records' modifydate

Well, Sage SLX front line supports says that updating the modifydate of a record to the time it was processed by the sync from the remote database is normal.  They also mentioned that this is why using the Merge functionality can be dangerous.  Anyone from Sage out there back that?  I don't know, this just rubs me the wrong way.  Comparing the same record in two different databases gets very difficult if you can't compare modifydates.  I am sure someone out there can explain to me why this is a grand idea though.... I must just be missing the plot.

Patrick

Bronze Super Contributor

Pretty quiet out there.... So, can anyone confirm that on their version of SLX  you see different modifydate values for the same record on the host, Remote Office, and/or other Remote database?

Thanks

Highlighted
Employee

The Issue with ModifyDate existed in versions prior to 7.5.1 because of a limitation with the transaction type Update2.The implementation of Update2 transactions did not allow the syncing of ModifyDate. In 7.5 we removed Update2 transactions and replaced them with ParamSQLUpd.  This allowed us in 7.5.1 to enable syncing the ModifyDate fields.Unfortunately, there is still an issue with the SalesLogix Provider that prevents ModifyDate default values from being synced if not specified as part of the original update statement.Given that, the web client does always include the ModifyDate in all its update statements. Therefore, you should not see this issue in the web anymore. The LAN client, however, can still produce this issue when customization code does not include the ModifyDate.  

We are working to resolve this in the provider for default values, so they are included in the log transactions.

Paul Zeimet

SalesLogix Development Mgr.
Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM