Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

Sending an Email to Multiple Contacts

In the LAN version of SLX we were able to Highlight multiple contacts and send an email to all of them.

It looks like in the Web, we are on 7.5.3, this feature doesn't exist.  I found that if I want to do anything like this we have to either use the Mail Merge functionality or use the Sage SalesLogix E-Marketing, Swiftpage.  This means that we have to send it to create a group and can no longer send to a part or selected few people.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for the help

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sending an Email to Multiple Contacts

There is light at the end of the tunnel.. This functionality is within v8 due out Sept/Oct

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

Thanks for the update.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Really?  I'd like to know how.  We've been beta testing in 8 and I can't for the life of me figure out how.  The "help" explains how to do it in a way which is really cumbersome.  I'd like to be able to quickly email multiple contacts from a single account while viewing the Account Detail screen for the Account by highlighting the contacts from that view.  Anyway, here's what the help says we have to do. 

• Open the Contacts or Leads List view.
  • Open a group or perform a lookup to find the records you want to e-mail.
  • Select the records you want to e-mail.
    To select more than one record, hold down [Ctrl] or [Shift], and highlight the records.
  • From the Task Pane, under Common Tasks, select E-mail .
  • If the Select Names dialog box opens, select one or more names and click the To, CC or BCC button to determine how you want the e-mail to be sent, and then click OK.
    The Filtered out information at the bottom of the dialog box indicates why the records cannot be included in the e-mail and how many records were filtered out. Reasons include that they are marked 'Do Not Solicit', do not have a valid e-mail or are a duplicate record.
  • If e-mail is enabled, but you have not logged on, at the message box, click Yes to log on.
  • Complete the Subject box and message body of the new e-mail window.
  • (Optional) If the e-mail message requires an attachment, click Insert, and then click one of the menu options.
  • Send your e-mail by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Send button. The message will not be recorded to history.
    • Click the Send SLX button. If you attached a file and want to save it as an attachment, click Yes at the prompt. The e-mail message is recorded to history, and the file appears on the Attachments tab.

I'm disappointed there doesn't seem to be an easier way but would happy to be educated differently.  It's quite common that our sales staff views Accounts from the Account detail view to get an overview and then decides to email multiple contacts, so being able to email multiple contacts from this view is a very common task.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Isn't an easy way that I'm aware of (unless you custom code it).....one of the issues is the Notes History handling of the Email, as well as any attachments. Also be aware of the Portal Configured limits to the total package size of the Email.....4Mb or whatever.  As one of our customer's found out the hard way.....an Outlook Email to 200 Contacts via SendSLX fails in the Desktop Integration Manager.....which has a hard stop of something like 7 or 9 Addressees.......

Really what we need is 1 email record in History, 1 Attachment record per attachment.....and then dozens of ContactID's in a 1:Many table off of the History record.....with appropriate Contact History Tabs that show where a contact was the 'secondary' addressee.....

The alternative of storing 200 history records, 200 attachments for one single email is not sublime IMHO.

RJ Samp