Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Send SLX and Record to History attachment SLX 7.5

Registry keys is the only way to do it.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

Great.  Thanks.  I will try it out.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

How does a "feature" like automatically adding e-mail to attachments find its way into a SalesLogix upgrade? Is there a Sage team that reviews Feature Requests? Do BPs or Clients have any say in such decisions or is it simply incumbent on beta testers to track these down? I can tell you there is at least Client that has grown very, very weary of such "features". We have over 6GB of attachments and are looking for ways to curb the sprawl not add to it.

Thanks,
Larry Esposito
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I seem to recall that the ability to turn off the uploading of certain attachments by type & size (such as email signature files) was supposed to be in the 7.5 SP2 interface.  What happened to that?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

The "Small Attachment" (ex email sig's, etc) control has been around for a log time and is done vs. registry settings. Don't really remember when but it was noted in a tips and tricks document.

The Issue Larry is talking about has to deal with email being saved as a .msg file vs the "old way" (txt in NotesHist and email attachments as attachments).

Sage SalesLogix introduced the "feature" to do .msg only (hard wired) in the 7.5.0 release and "fixed it" so we could choose in SP2 (for 7.5).

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I've added the MinImageSizeToIgnore registry setting on my system (Windows 7 32-bit with SLX 7.5.3.4233) but it doesn't seem to ignore the 1kb icons in my email signature when using Send SLX. It is set to 4500. Has anyone else run into issues with this nifty idea?

Highlighted
Employee

It may be an issue with the specific graphic type. What is the graphic type that it is not ignoring?

Thanks

Mike