Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Send SLX and Record to History attachment SLX 7.5

I just upgraded to SLX 7.5.

Before when I used SendSLX or Record to History in outlook, it would only log my email into the notes/history section. But now when I use the same buttons it logs into notes/history and it copies my Email Message (.MSG) into attachments under the contact as well. It does this to all my emails whether or not there is an attachment or not. Does anyone know how to turn this off, I only want it to log into my notes/history.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Send SLX and Record to History attachment SLX 7.5

I will have to check to see if this can be turned off in your version but in sp2 this has been addressed as a user option.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted

Thanks, Any help would we appreciated. I have my whole company at a loss since this seems to be happening to mine.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

We all caught this new "feature" just as SP1 went GA.

AFAIK you cannot turn it off pre 7.5.2 (which is in beta).

However, you can "tinker" w/registry settings to try to do so. Here is an example of filtering out the small images that happen to be part of a lot of signatures:

Signature images

If your company has an image as part of the standard Outlook signature, the slmn.dll will try and attach it every time you send an email using Send SLX.  To prevent this create the following registry keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\Outlook\MinImageSizeTolgnore - (String or integer).

The Size (in bytes) of the image (JPEG, JPG, BMP, and GIF) files to ignore. Graphics files below this value will be ignored and a user will only be prompted if there are other files of a larger size.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\Outlook\IgnoreFileNames - 

a list of files to ignore. These should be separated by semi-colon. You can use * and as wildcards. The files matching the criteria will be ignored. E.g. "*.jpg;signature.gif" This can be applied to all file types and not just images.

Typical registry settings:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\Outlook]

"MinImageSizeToIgnore"="4500"

"IgnoreFileNames"="*.jpg;*.gif"

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Yeah RJ is right on this one. Turning this off pre sp2 does not look possible without some work.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

I spun the wheel and it landed on "AFAIK you cannot" ;-)
--

Highlighted

Thanks All for your help, guess waiting for SP2 we shall.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

SP2 for SLX 7.5 is out. Someone know: this service pack is solves the problem with attach file at using button "Send SLX"?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

If you are talking about being able to revert to the way things worked before - NOT saving the entire .msg file - yes.

It will even "fix" the ones that you have - BIG warning - this will generate tons of sync traffic if you do so.. and I do mean TONS! 

Just read the release docs - it's all there. 

--

Highlighted

RJLedger - We are now on 7.5.2 and I found the place in the SLX Administrator to change how Send SLX behaves (Save attachments as individual files vs. Save attachments with e-mail message).  Is there a place to configure what you described above about SLX not saving images of a certain type or size instead of adding the registry keys? 

My company is considering adding small 1K images to our email signatures but they are all saving as attachments when using Send SLX.