Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Select Type of Report Dropdown is not displaying reports in SalesLogix Web 7.5.4

Our web server is on a separate box from the SalesLogix Server and everything BUT Web Reporting is working well. When logged into the Web Client on the server and I click reports the "Select Type of Report" dropdown doesn't have anything in it and there is no list of reports shown - the screen looks normal otherwise. I've read where at least another person had a similar issue but there was no resolution posted. Anybody see this before and know what's going wrong? I've uninstalled and reinstalled Web Reporting, both creating the web site automatically and manually. No change in the results - the dropdown is still blank.

I've verified that there isn't a funny looking report family listed in the reports picklist but I'm at a loss as to what may be happening - anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  

SalesLogix 7.5.4

64bit machine

IIS 7.5.7600.16385

ASP.Net authorized and IIS Running in IIS6 Compatibility Mode

CR Embeded Server with SP4 installed

SalesLogix and SLX Web Reporting Application Pools running in Classic mode (32bit)

Employee

Re: Select Type of Report Dropdown is not displaying reports in SalesLogix Web 7.5.4

The list of reports comes from the SlxClient portal; I'd run SLX Profiler on the corresponding portal's web server and see if there are any SQL errors; if that doesn't show anything then run Fiddler on the client to see if the response is coming back with the enumerated reports. If you're running in IE I'd turn script debugging on to see if there is a JavaScript error.

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

Re: Select Type of Report Dropdown is not displaying reports in SalesLogix Web 7.5.4

Thank you for your response Mike. According to Fiddler  the client is receiving the Report Families / Report names (just not wanting to display them). Other than the dropdown boxes the rest of the screen looks normal. Tried this in both IE9 and IE8 as well as Firefox. Below is the beginning of the list of reports shown in Fiddler: 

var reportNamesXMLTemp      = '<xml version="1.0"><reportdata><reportgroup type="Account" displaytype="Account"><report id="p6UJ9A0004UG"><name><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Everyone]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0003TV"><name><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A00023O"><name><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Address Book - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0004N7"><name><![CDATA[Account Detail]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Detail Report]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0003TY"><name><![CDATA[Account Detail]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Detail]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A000281"><name><![CDATA[Account Detail - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Everyone]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Detail - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0000S4"><name><![CDATA[Account Phone List - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Phone List - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0009KW"><name><![CDATA[Account Phone List - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Phone List - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0004W4"><name><![CDATA[Account Summary - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Everyone]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Summary - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0000S7"><name><![CDATA[Account Summary - Sample]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Account Summary - Sample]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0000S0"><name><![CDATA[Support Account]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Support Account]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report><report id="p6UJ9A0004N9"><name><![CDATA[Support Account]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[Support Account]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]

Employee

[ Edited ]

Looks like the data was truncated when you pasted?

BTW, when using Fiddler be sure to use the View In Notepad button when in the Raw view; otherwise data may be truncated.

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Is this the view you're looking for? Choosing Raw/Inspectors/View in Notepad always gives me more than 60k characters.  

GET http://THESERVERNAME:3333/SlxClient/ReportManager.aspx HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/jpeg, image/gif, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-application, application/xaml+xml, application/x-ms-xbap, */*
Referer: http://THESERVERNAME:3333/SlxClient/Home.aspx
Accept-Language: en-US
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
UA-CPU: AMD64
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: THESERVERNAME:3333
Cookie: SLXRememberMe=F; ys-nav_bar_menu_0=o%3Acollapsed%3Db%253A0; ys-nav_bar_menu_1=o%3Acollapsed%3Db%253A1; ys-nav_bar_menu_2=o%3Acollapsed%3Db%253A1; ys-nav_bar_menu_3=o%3Acollapsed%3Db%253A1; ys-nav_bar_menu_4=o%3Acollapsed%3Db%253A1; ASP.NET_SessionId=pa03buawyqajaon4mom51q45; .SLXAUTH=387F83F6FD84C8554F7CBDCC743C46C743368A075A7D17B6D06F235C707CDB45ADB2BE5BAD512022C6F7C3786C18957F62225A31F96C88AA1E518C077CE65A4F47AFD0E900FDC116CBCDA5AEA44B933272BF602BE51029852FC7F82A7732234D12FEDB17485EB0A22D3FE68A853B44A623B4EC09

Employee

Yes, the variable is on that page. When I launch Notepad it has approx 277K of contents. I just need the full reportNamesXML variable value.

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

Mike, 

Responded under PM as I didn't want to change the value of the variable and it had company information listed in it.

I did notice that some of the reports were named like "Open Opportunities << Use this one" but it appeared to create a valid XML file. If we can't get this figured out my next step is to change the report names with the '<'s and see if that helps - I did notice back in 6.x that if a group(?) had a funny name then it could cause issues... perhaps that's what's going on here? I'm dumbfounded... it appears that the required variable has the needed info as when I look to view the page source the variable has the values in it.

Thank you for looking at this for us!!! 

Employee

[ Edited ]

The problem appears to be related to the use of a pair of returns (CrLf) used for the report description for the following report: Account:Bid Probability with Options:

<report id="p6UJ9A000746"><name><![CDATA[Bid Probability with Options]]></name><releasedto><![CDATA[Administrator]]></releasedto><description><![CDATA[XX - XXXXX
XX XXXXX - XX XXXXX
XX XXXXX]]></description><userfield><![CDATA[]]></userfield><datefield><![CDATA[]]></datefield><maintable><![CDATA[ACCOUNT]]></maintable><displayname><![CDATA[]]></displayname></report>

Remove the returns from the report description and try that.

Thanks

Mike

Employee

The following defect was created:

13091692: Defect: Web report drop down list is blank when a report description contains carriage returns

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

Mike, 

Thank you VERY MUCH for your assistance here! Removing the CRLF's in the description by editing the report through the Architect and re-releasing it fixed the issue of the reports not displaying in the "Select Type of Report" dropdown right up! 

I hadn't seen any errors show up, the XML seemed to be created fine, viewing the source of the web page showed the report names, not sure I would have ever been able to find this if it hadn't have been for you! 

Thanks again! 

Lance