Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Scheduling Activities in History Options for Leads-Mail Merge

Greetings, all.

My first post here. I looked, as far as I felt able, to find the answer to this question, but did not discover any information.

I'm trying to schedule activities en masse, following a mail merge to LEADS. For some reason, the option is greyed-out.

I'm just an end-user, not a developer or biz partner... hoping to find if this is a universal challenge or if it's related to our local configuration.

Information appreciated.

RS

Employee

Re: Scheduling Activities in History Options for Leads-Mail Merge

What version are you using? If the leads option is greyed out I suspect it is because you have no Leads Templates in Mail Merge. Try creating one.

Hello.

Using 7.5.2.251

You are correct, the Lead Table must be selected in the letter properties for the mail merge, but the entire History Options is not greyed out; only the lower section that allows the user to schedule a follow up...

It would almost seem that this is a setting that's not been activated (?) but I'm just an end-user and have no Admin authority to change anything.

It *is* important to realize that the Lead Table must be selected for the opportunity to merge to Lead Groups. Otherwise, it is limited strictly to Accounts or Contacts. Thanks for that tip.

Any further insight will be greatly appreciated, as scheduling follow up activity one-by-one is quite difficult (especially knowing that in Contacts I can do multiples in the same amount of time as singles.

Thank for the reply.

RS

Employee

Did you tick the Schedule a Follow-Up button on the History Options tab? Until you tick that the lower part of the screen is greyed out.

Hello, and thanks again for the reply.

I'm unable to check the "Schedule a Follow Up" on the lower portion of the screen.

It is grayed out no matter the selections that precede it...

I can utilize the function for Contacts, but not Leads.

Just a quick note...

I've been told that the issue I'm describing related to scheduling activities for Leads is more than 3 years old with an open ticket at SLX?

Has anyone ever had a challenge scheduling follow up activites for Leads? As I mentioned above, the box that allows follow up activities to be scheduled for Contacts is greyed out - with no relief from any user-side settings.

Hoping to address this very soon with our IT group.