Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Saleslogix 8.1 slow to maximize from taskbar

I and others in my company are finding Lan 8.1 to be slower on many fronts then Lan 7.5.2 was.   Such as maximizing or pringing to forefront the SLX application when clicking on the icon in the task bar taking 4+ seconds to respond.

I'm using a Intel Zeon 3.1ghz processor with 8gb of ram with 64bit windows 7.  No other app takes over a second to come to the forefront on my machine once the app is running and completely in memory.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Saleslogix 8.1 slow to maximize from taskbar

I'm not seeing this delay on my test system.

Is it occurring for all users? No matter which view they are in?
Highlighted

Yes.  Mulitiple systems, Mulitple users.  Click on the task bar Icon and the SLX client doesn't seem to react.  If you wait it finally draws the screen.  In mulitple areas we have experienced quite a bit of a reduction in performance out of SLX 8.1 compared to SLX 7.5.2

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Agree.. we are seeing this in all our 8.x upgrades (8.0 and 8.1). Performance on 7.5.4 was definitely much better.

The ONLY place we do not see performance issues are where the db is VERY small (the size of the SLX demo db).

FYI - All of these sites have been carefully "tuned" by me (indexes, etc) and they are still not performing as well as 7.5.x - and all of these are on the same hardware, etc as they had for 7.5.x

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

We are experiencing the same issues as well.  No matter how carefully you tune a system, as the database grows, the peformance degrades rapidly.  Saleslogix v8.x is definately slower that v7.5.x ever was....

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

My "GUT" is telling me that a BIG part of the performance hit is the addition (by SLX) of several (14) SQL Triggers used by the new Outlook Sync. 

--

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi,

Also seeing the application slow to maximise from the taskbar, found that this can be improved, assuming you are using the large iocn toolbar in the first place and\or assuming you or the client are happy to use the small icon toolbar.

Emma, I do also see this on Eval, albeit not quite as bad as some systems you do however still see an improvement when changing to the small Toolbar setting on Eval.

To change the option, In admin > Tools > Options > Client View uncheck Use The Large Icons Toolbar.

Having a large icon or small icon toolbar should not affect the performance\rendering of the application, this seems like a bug to me, could we get this fixed?

Regards

Craig

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I gave this a try in our Test environment and compared to Production and sure enough this resolved the issue.  I now have to get our various departments on board with the change in view.  

Agree this seems like a bug.  

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi,

I am still see some fairly lengthy delays on history (where there are a reasonable amount of records) for example, regardless of the toolbar setting, unfortunately.

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

I suggest you take a careful look at "indexing" in your history table... specifically:

a - ALL FK's (foreign keys) are indexed - I will bet they are not - in fact the OOTB eval and blanks are both messed up here ;-)

b - ALL FK's "point" to exting/real data - I will bet they do not - ex: users that no longer exist (bad USERID's) - same for ContactID's, etc.. These need to point to real stuff (or be NULL) .. and speaking of NULL - it is the only acceptable value - NOT blank(s)!

Do you run a "re-index" task every nite?.. you should:

--
--Set this up to run every night!
--
EXEC sp_DBCC_ReIndex
GO
DBCC CHECKALLOC (SALESLOGIX, NOINDEX)
GO
DBCC CHECKCATALOG (SALESLOGIX)
GO

Just a few starting points.. and if "SORTABLE" is "on" - you have a problem.. because you are loading 100% of the grid (SQL record) into memory - every time.. SLX profiler tells you a lot..

--