Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

Saleslogix 7.5.1 Web version Survey pop-up

Just installed SP1 for Saleslogix 7.5 web version.

After a server restart I'm getting a pop-up to Sage Software Survey.  Since when does Sage using our personal web server to survey our users.

Sorry for the language but I can only describe my feelings in one way: **bleep**???

Anyone seen these???

If someone from Sage sees this, please respond.

Oren

Sage Survey

Re: Saleslogix 7.5.1 Web version Survey pop-up

I saw it immediately because of the bleeped comment and understand your frustration. The forums are setup to remove words that some may deem offensive and replace them with a bleep. For others reading this post suffice it to say Oren is slightly disappointed with the popup Smiley Happy

To disable the survey follow these steps:

1. On the Web host browse to the location where the SLXClient deployment folder is located.  This is typically:  <WinDrive>:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SlxClient
  2. Locate the survey.xml file and edit it (can be edited in Notepad)
  3. Locate the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><EmbeddedWorkSurveyEnabled="true">
  4. Set "true" to "false"
  5. Save the file

It may be necessary to perform an IISReset

Astute Commentator

Thanks Tim for the quick response.

Though I don't think that is an option Sage should be using in the first place.

We are already using your product, no need to entice our users by these kind of pop-ups.

This is almost border line sneaky in a way, cause our users may think, this is a survey set by us for our users.

It's the same as I would give my son a car and everytime he would turn on the radio, Toyota ad would came up asking him if likes the car daddy bought him....

You should really pass it a long to people at HQ, this is not the right way to get repeating customers or new ones for that matter.

I'll try the XML turn off.

Thanks

Oren

Bronze Super Contributor

I actually don't see the issue - sure I have no intention of taking the surveys but this is nothing new. Every Microsoft product you install will prompt you to "give them feedback". How is this any different?
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Elite Contributor

My issues is that there is a channel and there should be a channel management system that allows the BP to be involved. After all, they're our customers (too) and the information would be helpful for partners to know, and then pass up the chain. The most annoying things is that the image in this thread turns on my horizontal scroll bar.
Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile
Gold Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix 7.5.1 Web version Survey pop-up

You are absolutely correct on the MS item. They have bombarded us with those things for years. I personally never respond and just disable them.. even that annoying "error popup" that happens "... just send this to MS...".

When this idea of a built-in survey came up in beta, I honestly thought it was something that Sage should not do and fought against it. When the details came out (and it IS documented in the provided install, etc docs) that you could disable it and how you could, that satisfied me. My big concern was security and general policy. There are companies who do not want their employees participating in these kinds of things for those reasons. 

Those of us who are BP's have a responsibility to point out to our clients that this is in the product and can be disabled if required. The info to disable is not hidden away, it's in the documentation. Corporate IT groups that do not use a BP have the responsibility to read all the supplied documentation and would quickly see that there is a built-in survey and how it can be disabled if required.

In the end, it's what Sage does with that information and who they share it with that is of top priority.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

I think involving the channel is a must as well. I do however think it is reasonable for Sage to elicit feedback (assuming the partner is involved) from the users of its software. Don't we want Sage to hear what the real world has to say? Isn't that product management 101?

Maybe there are other ways to elicit the feedback - my point is that I don't see this as an atrocious sin against mankind. Smiley Happy
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

As a user, I completely agree with tagersea. 

If you are in an environment where your IT department does a lot of siloing and does not solicit user feedback (and where users have been unhappy with the software until recent IT process changes were mandated), Sage won't know that users are having issues, and can hopefully encourage not only current customers, but new customers as well of the importance of using a service provider, not trying to cobble code and 'fix' things on their own.

A year ago, I would never have recommended SLX to anyone, and actually would have advised peers in our industry to go with any CRM software other than SLX.  Now, by having our service provider 'in the loop', we're well on our way to have a working system that functions well for multiple purposes and business units.  I feel very strongly that user input directly to Sage is what made this happen for us as they helped initiate involvement with our SP.

Unless the IT folks aren't doing their jobs, they should welcome user feedback - and if there is an issue many users will be more comfortable with an anonymous survey than trying to deal with people internally. As long as the survey results are shared (anonymously if requested) with the IT staff and management I don't see why there should be a problem with it.