Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Re: SalesLogx LAN v7.5.1 and Windows 7 / Office 2010

RJ,

Yes, this does help.  How has the beta been going for 7.5.4, or to put it another way, how stable do you think RC1 is?  Has Sage actually noted an expected Go Live date for 7.5.4 or a release date for RC2?

In theory rolling out an upgrade image should be easy, however, this client is transitioning between several systems, so, packages must be built in Marimba, SMS and SCCM and in about three different flavors due to varying images across the firm.  The challenge is also that the packaging team is trying to package up about 2000 apps for the Win7 rollout, so, we don't get too many shots nor too much time from them.  Add in severe controls as a result of being in the financial sector and maybe you can see the challenges.  It's been this way for a good 5-6 years now.

Appreciate the input. If anything else comes to mind that may be helpful I'd appreciate it, like, do you have any remote clients running SQL Express 2005 SP2 on 7.5.3 or newer?

Cheers,

Jeff

Highlighted
Employee

Regarding SQL Express:

SQL Express 2005 SP3 is the version that it was qualified with.  I see no listed defects for earlier versions.  Since it was not qualified with earlier versions using an earlier version carries the normal caveats - i.e., if you hit an issue, the first thing support will request is that you upgrade to SQL Express 2005 SP3.

Thanks, Emma

Emma,

Thanks for the clarification around SQL Express.  I think we'll do our testing around the current version we have installed, which is SP2.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi all,

I'm also facing the problem to use Office 2010 64 bit with SageLogix. It's really a big problem that this does not work at the moment. Is there a time line on when support will be available? Or is there even a beta version of the tools out somewhere? Any support will be highly appreciated.

Best

Bernd

----

Bernd Szyszka

Fraunhofer IST

Braunschweig Germany

Gold Super Contributor

Don't count on it being available any time soon. Just un-install the 64 bit office and load 32 bit.

AFAIK, there's no beta available for 64 bit office.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html