Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLXKeepLoggedInThread

I have a user who is getting the following error in the Event Viewer.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    SLXKeepLoggedInThread
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    4
Date:        4/24/2009
Time:        9:25:28 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    GREGM
Description:
KeepLoggedIn: System Object has no connection.

I think this is causing the user to receive an "RPC Server Unavailable" error.

Has anyone ever had this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve the error?

Vincent H Williams, CPA, CIA
Controller
Guardian Products, Inc.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: SLXKeepLoggedInThread

When users received the RPC error, I attributed it to Outlook which was always rectified by a reboot.  While I haven't seen it much since we upgraded from 6.2.2, I figured it was caused by a disconnect with the SalesLogix and Outlook integration.  I couldn't tell you whether the upgrade to SalesLogix, upgrades to Outlook or a combination of the two has fixed the issue but it's been a while since that has popped up in our environment.

SalesLogix: LAN - Network, remote, CITRIX

Outlook: 2003 sp3 and 2007 sp1

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Bronze Super Contributor

Vincent,

What version of SLX is the user on? Are other users at the site experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Mim

Mimi Dolan

Sage SalesLogix

Sage

We are using SalesLogix Version 7.0.1.1069.  No other user is experiencing the problem.  I updated the NIC driver and that helped, but didn't completely solve the problem.
Vincent H Williams, CPA, CIA
Controller
Guardian Products, Inc.
Bronze Super Contributor

Vincent,

To prove it is an environment issue - you could log into the problem client machine as another user to see if the same issue occurs or log into a machine where the user does have issues as the problem user.

If it happens immediately after Login - it could be that the SLXSystem is not fully loaded or there is some timing issue\conflict.

Thanks

Mim

Mimi Dolan

Sage SalesLogix

Sage

Hello,

I've the same problem on a Citrix Server (PS 4.0) Windows 2003 std without SP and SLX network client 7.5.0.14.84.

SLXKeepLoggedInThread and it's impossible to launch SLX client on this server without restart ...

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Philippe

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Hello,

we get the same issue and it seems to be related to some error messages in the SLX client, that come up regulary and may also be related to some time of inactivity.

it also seems to come when working with activities, i.e. when closing the activity reminder windoe or completing an activity from the activity reminder window.  

it is 2 error messages that alternate. SalesLogix has to be closed with the TaskManager.

First error message:

a Message Box with title "SalesLogix" and empty text and an OK Button -> clicking this leads to the

second error message:

Exception EOleException:

Kommunikationsverbindungsfehler (in English: communication link failure )  

Exception Location:

[005430D6]{SalesLogix.exe} 

We have seen this on different systems:

SLX 7.5.1

and also SLX 7.2.2 

SLX Network client runs on Windows XP SP3 

SQL Server 2005 

Message Edited by MarcoT on 12-03-2009 10:33 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Hello,

we have the same issue on a customer:

SLX 7.5.2 (2151) LAN
Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit

The event log is full of "KeepLoggedIn: System Object has no connection" from source "SLXKeepLoggedInThread"
and at some point the client looses the connection to the server and a reboot of the citrix is needed.

There are no session timeouts configured. Any suggestions?
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Copper Super Contributor

We have the same issue on some computers by a customer.

they upgrade to the to Version 7.51 and when users are idle for a while (Not sure of the exact time), and they click on activities, they get the following errors. "Exception EOleException: Communication link failure". and also a blank Messagebox with an ok button. 

what's the problem?

We have also gotten all of the messages in previous posts.  All appear related to some communication link failure.  We have verified all switch logs and found no issues.  This is not isolated to Citrix/TS environment.  The RPC errors have been there since I have been working here for the last 3 years.  The Comminication Link failure messages appear to be only in the last few months.  Wondering if a MS patch has soething to do with it, but could not relate one to the time period when it started.  Seems to come and go and doesn't occur in one specific area of SLX.