Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

SLX8 cloud-How to set Users so they can't be Account Owners?

Hi

I have another SLX 8 cloud question about using the Owner field. I now have teams I'd like to use for my Owners to set territories. 

When entering a new account there is now a long laundry list of Teams, Departments and Users.  I'd like to just limit the list to my newly created Teams and maybe one or two special users or Deparments.  Basically I don't want any accounts to be owned by most individual users.  I don't seem to find where I can remove individual users from being able to be selected as an Account Owner. 

I'm sure there must be something in the user profile, but it wasn't obvious to me.  Anyone know if and how this can be done?

Thanks,

Kim

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX8 cloud-How to set Users so they can't be Account Owners?

This would require customisation as there are no settings/configuration to achieve this. You can only set the users default owner.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Nickel Contributor

Re: SLX8 cloud-How to set Users so they can't be Account Owners?

Bummer.  I guess I'll just start each region name with - or A so they appear at the top of the list.  I'm not so much worried about users putting their own names as owners as I am about a few users who will be annoyed by a long list with superfluous items.

I'm a little surprised this can't be restricted, but I guess there are other ways you could limit this by not allowing certain users to create accounts (which is not something we want to do).  My point in using this field was an attempt to avoid making customizations as we actually trying to replace a custom field that isn't meeting our needs.

Thanks for the information.

Kim