Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: SLX in French

Hey Brian,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been so busy I have not kept up to date on things here.  I have deployed French localization to 2 users and have no issues to report.  Even though I could not figure out the resize file issue for the life of me, 98% of the forms do not need it so I just left it as is.

Thank you so much for your help, it was greatly appreciated!

-Dennis

Employee

Hi Dennis.

Glad to hear you got things up and running in French - I was wondering how things were going.

Regards,

Brian

SLX QA

p.s. - Rider Pride lives, in spite of the last Grey Cup outing.

Nickel Super Contributor

Hey Brian,

Here is a neat little issue I found with the French Localization.  It seems to break the sales dashboard functionality and not report other users other than the local user on the PC.

I am planning on looking into it tomorrow to see if the removal of the localization files in the root folder will restore the sales dashboard.

If this is the culprit, I imagine that the dictionary is to blame with poor translations somewhere within the script translations as I don't think a term translation would cause this.

Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

So I did my testing and removed the French localization files from the user PC, restarted SLX , and the dashboard was now populated when it wasn't  populated with the localization files in place.

Any thoughts as to why this is so?  

My assumption is the dictionary is conflicting the dashboard with terms it does not understand and is crapping out.

Any ideas are welcome