Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

SLX Web and Charts

Hello Everyone,

I wish you all a happy new year and that that 2010 will be a great year for you.

We played a little with fusion charts and we found them very interesting and good.

The charts can be integrated quite good into the work space (welcome Page).

What we noticed is, that the license cost for customers.

Depending on how many different charts you need, this can be high as fusion told us, that the customers need to get a site license.

Which charts are you selling with what license and what are your pros which let the customer buy it?

Is Sage perhaps trying to get an OEM version of fusion? Or is Sage going to work with MS Charts, as they are for free at the moment?

Or something else?

Many thanks for your answers!

Kind regards! Alexander

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLX Web and Charts

We have been using the free ones. Customer is very satisfied.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

Hello RJ

Could you recommend  a few FREE charts? I am not sure if you are using JSCharts or the Charts like JFreeCharts?

As far as I know Fusion Charts provides a free version of charts where on their charts a label is shown called Evaluation edition.The head of the company is been in some discussions with me for a joint market strategy but i am just waiting if some thing could come up at a global level. FusionCharts is a company based out of India.

Cheers

Kannan

Gold Super Contributor

We have been sticking with the free Fusion charts (flash based).

Here's the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/free/

I've not seen any "evaluation" tag on any of this. It's "open source". 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

here is a screenshot from our FusionChart with the "Label"
… stay connected!
Silver Contributor

We used the 3dPie from the evaluation thats why we get this message.

The 3dPie from the free version does not support animation.

Alexander

Employee

You are spot on Alexander, yes infosoft global's label evaluation is included in the SWF files(free edition), the difference between the free edition of fusion charts and the paid one is that with the SWF files which give you the chart capability they also provide you with the source controls of flash which are .fla files, should you wish to modify the behaviour of charts according to your requirement then this can be possible with the paid one. The only way the label goes away is to go for the paid version where the licensing is either at a site level or they also have one developer license. I am not sure if the developer license is  commercial available.

The other option is to use JSCharts which is free.

Hope this helps

Kannan

Copper Contributor

Even if the software is "free" you must be careful of the license terms as they are usually non-commercial use.  Licensing is confusing to most of these "tools" companies because they have not dealt with anything like SLX.  It would be nice to have some assistance from Sage in choosing "standards" and getting licenses for SLX use (not that Sage needs to include or pay, just help us through the maze).

---

FusionCharts is nice but lots of limitations on export/printing with the "free" version. Licensing is tough to figure out.

For JSCharts, it's tough to tell because SLX is not published to public websites (so seems like free version is OK - but what about Customer Portals?).  However, I urge everyone to have the customer pay the license fees regardless.  JSCharts is $150 for a single site which would be needed in most cases with SLX.  It's a small cost, and supports development which is only fair to these small companies.

As a disclosure, I have looked at both but have no stake in either.

Chris Reich

---
Chris Reich
www.customerconnected.com
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post.

We talked to Fusion and they told us, that for what we want, the customer needs to have a site license which was something about $2000.

JS Charrs is less expensive as you wrote.

We found JS Charts not as good looking as Fusion.

We also looked at the MS charts, but due to the fact, that they render the chart in a temporary image, they do not seem to support linking (drill down).

So those are the three charts we looked at.

From the features, the fusion charts are on top (if you want to buy them).

Then comes the free fusion charts edition.

The other two were not tested in slx, just looked at the web sites and sample charts.

If someone has something to add, different chart...

Feal free!

Alexander