Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

SLX Web Export to Excel errors

Hello,

We have a customer with SLX 7.2.2 running in web enviroment.

Their corporate IT policy stablish that all the client machines are running with IE 6, and XP SP3 and MS office 2003

From the corporate machines IE is reporting the following errors when the try to perform an export to excel from the menu. The same error hapens in all the groups, accounts, contacts, etc:

line 274 char 3 object does not accept property or method

line 900 char 9 wrong number of arguments

line 798 char 5 object does not accept propery or method

We think that this is because some configuration on the corporate machines (which have quite a lot of corporate security applied), but up to now we have not been succeded on solving the problem. 

Any ideas? I have tried to look for the source of the errors reportet, but I do not rellay know to which file is referered (mailmerge.vbs does not seem to be and I do not know which else will be)

Any help to solve this problem will be appreciated.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: SLX Web Export to Excel errors

One of the common causes of export errors that I have encountered is caused by the layout of the group you are exporting. Some calculated fields or functions will give Excel troubles when it's gathering the data to export.

Try different groups to determine if it is the data or Exporting in general.

Dennis

Highlighted

Re: SLX Web Export to Excel errors

There is no problem with the group. If the report is called from a non corporate machine (i.e. a plain windows XP) the export function works ok. The problem is arisen when the report is called from our customer computer with their corporate security profiles.

When we connect one of our laptops to their netwerrok, all is working propertly.

We think that this is due one of their security profiles, but we do not know what could it be to ask them to check it out.