Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX LAN Library

Does anyone know how to add a file to the saleslogix library so it will sync out to users?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX LAN Library

Check the Force distribution of this file option within the file properties to automatically send files and file revisions to all Remote users.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is from Administartor Help:

"Library and Synchronization

Synchronization handles requests from and delivery of files to Remote users. When the Remote Client synchronizes, the request is sent to the server. The requested file is delivered the next time the user synchronizes. Users view their delivered files on the Documents tab in What’s New.

Library items are resynchronized to Remote users when the following changes are made to a document through the Administrator:

• The file name is changed.
  • The Description is changed.
  • The Abstract is changed.
  • The Revised Date is changed.

If the changed item is "forced", the file will be sent. If the changed item is not forced, it will be listed as "Revised" on the Remote Client.

Documents added to the library before the Force distribution of this file setting is selected will not be automatically sent to all Remotes. For Force distribution to apply to a document already in the library, remove the document from the library, and then re-add it after Force distribution has been set. "

Essentially, make sure you set the file to Forced.

Message Edited by steve_robertson on 11-03-2009 09:23 AM
Regards,

Steve Robertson
Senior CRM Consultant
Collier Pickard Ltd
Nickel Contributor

All good information, perhaps I should have been clearer.

I have a customization that is running from the LAN client (host server specifically) and it needs to add a file to the sales library, such that users receive the file without the need to request it. I this case they are word templates for a custom mail merge/proposal writer. I though there was a way I could manipulate the existing attachment objects to manage the library, but I can locate the old documentation or I confused something else. 

Appear it might be faster and quicker to convert the module away from the sales library and use an image field to manage the process. 

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Clear is always good! Smiley Wink

Im not a programmer so i'll step back on this one.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Employee

There is no API for adding Sales Library documents. 

You can add the file directly to the LibraryDocs table through the SalesLogix provider.

Be sure to set the "FLAGS" field  to 1 to force a sync of the library file to all remotes.

Paul Zeimet

SalesLogix Development Manager.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Nickel Contributor

thanks