Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX 8 in Opps, add contact - defaults to look up everyone

Bug or "feature"

When in the Opportunity, if I’m in the Contacts tab and want to add a new contact to the Opp, the default list is all contacts, not just the contacts associated with the Account for that Opportunity.  Really?! 

Also noticed a similar oddity when you click to change the contact associated with the ticket.  The lookup pulls up a blank list.  If you don't enter anything and click the search, it will bring up all the contacts associated with that Account.  Not sure why the whole list doesn't show up at the start.

In our previous version (7.0.something), whenever you wanted to add something like this, the default list showed those items directly associated rather than everything.

Is this something my administrator can fix, or is this something Sage will fix?  (Does Sage consider this something that needs to be fixed?)

Kim

Highlighted
Employee

Re: SLX 8 in Opps, add contact - defaults to look up everyone

It's likely that these could be fixed by someone with a reasonable knowledge of SLX Development.

However, I would say these both sounds like bugs and need reporting to Sage via your usual support procedure.
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

I have just tested both of your scenarios in v8 (Standard Eval and an upgraded system) and they both work fine as expected. It sounds like the issue is isolated to your environment..?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Hi Adam,

Hmm, that's interesting.  I don't know what that means.  We don't have any customizations related to this, so it should be the standard "out-of-the-box" set up.  I will pass that info along to our administrator.  I don't know if she's had a chance to submit it ias a ticket as Emma suggested.  It hasn't been the smoothest of launches so she's been pretty busy.

Kim

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Kim,

I have noticed from your previous posts that you are running SalesLogix WEB and not LAN. The issue does not exists in the LAN but does in the WEB so it would appear that it is a defect and needs to be raised with Sage as per Emmas response.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited