Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Super Contributor

SLX 8.1 x-bar observations

Have been using x-bar for a few hours and it's pretty damn good ! However, just a few observations:

1) Lose the gray out whilst it loads the info (the spinner is fine) - it's quite distracting to be clicking on an email and then have the right hand side flicker about whilst the data is loading

2) The first three totems are disabled (activities, overdue etc) with no tooltip of what they mean - the last two, however, are disabled but enabled (with tooltip)

3) Search - put focus into search box so you can start typing straight away

4) Member Attachments - sorted in wrong order (should be desc by date)

5) Various tooltips missing on totems (green tick on activities etc). Meaning you need to refer to help to understand what they do.

6) Dragging an email to a contact - saves an attachment. However, if you are in ticket view (+others) would be nice if it attached/assigned attachment to the ticket as well (currently, drag is disabled on this view).

7) Why has the installer got 120Mb of old versions in the installer ? (in Application Files - 0_9_x_x) ?

8) Some sort of latency needs to be built in prior to xbar doing anything at all. Whilst contrary to popular thought - if you go into Outlook, start dealing with your email (click, click, move, click, delete etc) and notice that w3p rises to 15% whilst it processes something you didn't even want it to deal with. This is just one user. Multiply that by 100 and you'd soon run out of resource on the web server and the dbserver would be wasting a whole lot of resource doing something that is then not required. By the time it delivers the results the user has already moved on to something else. You can see this by perfmon - as sdata/slxweb queries db and then delivers the results there is a lag as this lot is queued up, only to be delivered and then discarded. See this in p1.png.

But, great start, think it's going to be a winner !!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 8.1 x-bar observations

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your observations, from what I have seen of it previously I also think this will be a winner, alas alonng with your observations and the Rough Bugs post, it clearly needs some tweaking.

I need to get my hands on it and have a play.... (not a euphemism) but up to my eyeballs at present.

Regards

Craig

Silver Super Contributor

Yup, I know Mark and others were putting in the hours so this isn't a critique of what was delivered, hopefully just a list of stuff of improvements for the next round. This was just playing with it for only a short time (also, not a euphemism !)

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback.  We'll make sure it get's captured into the backlog.

For #2 can you give me some details as all of the totems on the member card work in the scenarios we tested.  Is it specific to types of users?

For #7 this is due to the need for upgrades of beta versions.  We do intend and repackaging this for enterprise deployments so will evaluate in the next revision.

Thanks

John

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Silver Super Contributor

Hi John #2 - the first three icons don't "light up" (if no activities for example) - consequently, no tooltip either. But, if you look at the last two - they light up (w/tooltip) in any case. Just a matter of consistency and avoidance of RTFM ! Thx Mike
Bronze Super Contributor

John,

What's the situation with Windows Authentication?  XBar is not enabled for this, what are the plans to implement Windows Auth and when may we expect to see this?

Regards

Craig

Also posted on the Rough Bugs post.

http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Saleslogix-Developer-Discussions/RE-Release-of-Xbar-some-quot-rou...

Bronze Super Contributor

Some further observations, documentation issues.

Documentation states Server URL:XBar displays this as Service URL.

Documentation states Server URL address = https://web.address.com  this needs /Sdata

Documentation states Client Portal URL XBar displays this as Client URL

Documentation states https://web.address.com/SLXClient/Home.aspx if you have /home.aspx then the records will not load when trying to lauch the web client, it will just sit spinning, you just need https://web.address.com/SLXClient

Regards

Craig

Is this a seperate download or bundled with the full slx 8.1 install?  I haven't been able to find it in the Saleslogix Customer Portal Downloads.  Only KB articles on how to install it.

You'l need to contact your partner to get the installs.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

John, I am very interested in the repackaging for Enterprise installations.  Any idea when this will be make available?  tx