Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLX 7.5.3 Crashes afters Login

[ Edited ]

Hello SalesLogix Community,

i have a problem with SalesLogix 7.5.3, after starting for example the SalesLogix Administrator and typing the login and press ok, SLX crashes and Windows closes it. Then I receive an error, see screen

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4646/slxfehler.jpg (sorry it's German)

During the installation on Windows 2008 R2 Server there where no big problems, it just wasn't able to create the database while the installation or runing the application form the dvd which creates the databases, so I manually attached the database and ran after attaching the dB the sysdbafix_script from the dvd. Then I manually created a connection, with the connection manager, and then I made the connection test, which is successful.

I am at my wit's end. What can I do? Or what have I done wrong?

thank you in advance

greetings from germany / munich

(sorry my english isn't the best)

Employee

Re: SLX 7.5.3 Crashes afters Login

There should be no problems running SLX 7.5.3 on Server 2008 R2. 

Have you tried reinstalling?  Is there anything in the Event Viewer?  Have you tried profiling the application to see if it's crashing out with a SQL issue?

Also take a look at the following:

Possible Resolution 1:

Ensure that the Administrator versions matches the SYSTEMINFO.DBVersion field of the database. If the versions are not the same, apply the applicable service packs. For more information, see How to apply a service pack (SP).

Possible Resolution 2:

Delete and recreate the database and datalink connections. For more information see, How to recreate the datalink and database connections.

Note:

Possible Resolution 3:

Note:

Sage Software Customer Support is not responsible for assisting with these procedures and cannot be responsible for errors that may occur when changes are made directly to the SQL Server. Be sure to back up all system and application databases before making changes to any tables.

Execute the following SQL statement in SQL Query Analyzer:

update USERSECURITY set ManagerID = 'ADMIN' where ManagerID = '' or ManagerID is NULL

Possible Resolution 4:

This is a documented, known defect with SalesLogix 7.2.2 on Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems. To resolve, apply Hot Fix 5 for SalesLogix version 7.2 with Service Pack 2. For more information, see How to apply a hot fix.
Note: Although this resolution was designed for Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems, it has resolved this same issue on other Microsoft operating systems.

Possible Resolution 5:

Disable or add an exception to Admin.exe to all anti-spyware & anti-virus software installed on the workstation.

The following procedure requires knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and/or Transact SQL. Contact an authorized business partner or database administrator for assistance.If the SalesLogix Host database has not been converted, and the software upgraded to a later version, this can occur. Ensure that the Software & Database versions are the same. 

Possible Resolution 1:

Ensure that the Administrator versions matches the SYSTEMINFO.DBVersion field of the database. If the versions are not the same, apply the applicable service packs. For more information, see How to apply a service pack (SP).

Possible Resolution 2:

Delete and recreate the database and datalink connections. For more information see, How to recreate the datalink and database connections.

Note:

If the SalesLogix Host database has not been converted, and the software upgraded to a later version, this can occur. Ensure that the Software & Database versions are the same.

Possible Resolution 3:

Note:

The following procedure requires knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and/or Transact SQL. Contact an authorized business partner or database administrator for assistance.

Sage Software Customer Support is not responsible for assisting with these procedures and cannot be responsible for errors that may occur when changes are made directly to the SQL Server. Be sure to back up all system and application databases before making changes to any tables.

Execute the following SQL statement in SQL Query Analyzer:

update USERSECURITY set ManagerID = 'ADMIN' where ManagerID = '' or ManagerID is NULL

Possible Resolution 4:

This is a documented, known defect with SalesLogix 7.2.2 on Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems. To resolve, apply Hot Fix 5 for SalesLogix version 7.2 with Service Pack 2. For more information, see How to apply a hot fix.
Note: Although this resolution was designed for Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems, it has resolved this same issue on other Microsoft operating systems.

Possible Resolution 5:

Disable or add an exception to Admin.exe to all anti-spyware & anti-virus software installed on the workstation.