Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

SLX 7.5.2 Network Client on 64-bit Windows 7??

Wanted to see if this is feasible as i am getting several errors running SLX 7.5.2 Network client on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise.

Intellisync refuses to install, giving me "Error 1722. There is a problem with this WIndows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact you support personnel or package vendor. Action CopyIntellisync,location: C:\Windows\...\Nokia Intellisync"

I get this error when running the network client install off of the 7.5 DVD as well as when I do it using a Network Build that has had 7.5 SP2 slipstreamed into it.

I am also unable to register the Outlook DLL's (slxab32.dll and slmn.dll) using the InstallOutlookIntegration.bat file. Yes I have done the Run As Administrator option so I am not receiving the  0x800004005 error at all. I am however receiving the following error:

"The module "slxab32.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found"

This is when running it directly out of the SalesLogix folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix) Technically that folder is not in the path so when regsvr32 runs via the InstallOutlookIntegration.bat file it starts up (when Run As Administrator) in the c:\windows\system32 folder. I have copied both the DLL files into that folder and still get the same error.

Any ideas on these two issues?

Ryan

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.2 Network Client on 64-bit Windows 7??

Ryan

Move the files back to c:\pf\saleslogix (where they should be) and adjust the path in the bat file. Or Runs | As a cmd prompt, then move to that folder and run it.

Regards
Mike
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Mike,

That worked, thanks as always you've provided great insight.

Any ideas on the Intellisync issue? I can't even get it installed with the 1722 error.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Unfortunately, no - I've not tried that I'm afraid !!
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Intellisync in 7.5 alone scares me, much less combined with Windows 7 AND 64-bit.

I may do some research into ExchangeLink. New company here that I'm with and they are looking to justify moving to Exchange (imagine my shock to discover they were pure pop/smtp with some IMAP folders!)

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

It probably doesn't apply in 7.5.2 but we've had issues installing some with 7.2.2 where we got an error (can't remember if it's the same as yours) so we simply removed Intellisync from the Installation list allowing for a successful install and then went back and updated the installation by adding only the Intellisync which worked for us.

Thanks,
Larry Esposito
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

The 7.5.2 intellisync is a "web service" based install. - A lot different.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Mike,

I'm having a  difficult time getting this registered.  I edited the bach file so it says:

regsvr32 C:\program files (x86)\Saleslogix\slxab32.dll

regsvr32 C:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix\slmn.dll

but i still get the error when trying to install.  Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi,

have a try with this:

regsvr32 "C:\program files (x86)\Saleslogix\slxab32.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix\slmn.dll"

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the suggestion, but that was a no-go as well.