Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLX 7.5.1 LAN - Strange Group Behavior

We upgraded from 7.0 to 7.5 back in October and everything seemed to be running fine for the past couple of months, but then last week we started having very strange behavior with groups.  It started with users reporting that the sorting and searching in groups was not working.  When sorting by the specific column, the records in the list were not displayed in the correct order and when typing to search a column, the correct record was not being selected.  After some investigation, it was discovered that selecting the "Return Distinct Rows" checkbox seemed to fix these behaviors in the group.  However, this seems like a workaround to me and not a fix.  After the initial reports by users, then we started noticing more bizarre behavior.  When editing a group, the Display Name always comes up blank even when you can see a Display Name shown on the tab that is different than the Name field.  Also, when attempting to share an existing group that was created with the Admin login, we get the popup message that you do not own the group; however, when going to the Group Manager and selecting Access List, it shows that in fact the group owner is Admin.  Has anyone every seen this type of behavior before?  It seems to me that something corrupted our groups, but we have no idea how to repair them.  Any ideas or input would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Highlighted
Champion Listener

Re: SLX 7.5.1 LAN - Strange Group Behavior

I have seen also that after upgrade from v7 ->v7.5.1, that when open group that was created before upgrade, its Display Name always comes up blank even when you can see a Display Name shown on the tab that is different than the Name field. When you create new group on v7.5.1 all is OK.

thanks,

Aimar