Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

ReferencesAssemblies folder not found after installing SLX 8.0 FR on W2008R2FR

Hi,

Env :

W2008R2 FR

SQL2008R2 FR

SLX Patches :

SLX_v800_Update_02.zip
SLX_v800_SNC_Update_03.zip
SLX_v800_Update_04.zip
SLX_v800_SNC_Update_06.zip
SLX_v800_SNC_Update_07.zip
SLX_v800_SNC_Update_09.zip
SLX_v800_SNC_Update_10.zip
SLX_v800_Web_Core_Update_03.zip
SLX_v800_Web_Model_Update_03.zip

I've installed  :

SLX 8.0 FR

WEBHOST

WEB REPORTING

CR XI

When I'm compiling my project in AA, I got the following error message :

"Unable to locate assembly Sage.platform in 'c:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix' or in sub folders".

I've checked the file system...and of course the folder is not there (real explicit error message...)...but..."where is Charlie ?" Smiley Happy

The sage.platform.dll file is in  'c:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix\Plarform", so I open AA, change the folder for assemblies path and generate the interface...and...same error...

First question, is it normal that  the 'c:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix\ReferenceAssembly' folder was not there ansd where can I find the related missing .dll (I've looked on DVD media but not found...)

I re-read "implementation guide" without to find any clue...

Second question...where are those files ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

M. A

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ReferencesAssemblies folder not found after installing SLX 8.0 FR on W2008R2FR

Hi Amarie,

This looks like the same issue I had on site and one we have reported. Please below:

"Unable to locate assembly Sage.Platform in path 'c:\program files (x86)\SalesLogix' or it's subdirectories (Sage.Platform.Orm.Codegen)"

After installation of v8.0, the Build Search path is gets set to this:

%BASEBUILDPATH%\assemblies;%BASEBUILDPATH%\interfaces\bin;%BASEBUILDPATH%\forminterfaces\bin

(This is the cause of the issue)

The path should be:

%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SalesLogix;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\Platform;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%\SupportFiles;%BASESAGEINSTALLPATH%

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Re: ReferencesAssemblies folder not found after installing SLX 8.0 FR on W2008R2FR

Hi Adams,

You hit the bullseye...

After updating value with your path, the compilation process has finished successfully.

Thank a lot.

Best regards.

Bronze Super Contributor

Still wrong in 8.1 gold.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Elite Contributor

Is this from an upgrade? If so, task 56 of the upgrade plan details updating the build path.
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

No, new install from 8.1 gold downloaded from partner portal. No string matching "buildpath" found in implementation guide.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC